cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Low Fps with 5700xt

I am getting really low fps in some games considering the power of this gpu, 50-70 fps 1080p on far cry 5 all high settings. And 50-70 in gta 5 aswell with graphics on very high and even on normal. My specs are: Intel i7 7700k, 16gb ddr4 ram 2133speed, msi 5700xt oc. Please help soon I have 14 days to return the gpu.

8 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

7700k processors are suitable for overclocking. If you have a Z series mobo, you can try overclocking the processor. Obviously, the problem you are experiencing seems to be caused by your processor being slow.

You can test your system by going to the Userbenchmark website to see the status of your processor and other performance-oriented hardware against user averages.

Yes, @mstfbsrn980  I think you're right. Far cry 5 and GTA V is actually CPU intensive than GPU if I'm not mistaken. 

0 Likes

@mstfbsrn980 wrote:

7700k processors are suitable for overclocking. If you have a Z series mobo, you can try overclocking the processor. Obviously, the problem you are experiencing seems to be caused by your processor being slow.

You can test your system by going to the Userbenchmark website to see the status of your processor and other performance-oriented hardware against user averages.

thats what i was thinkning, would an i7 9700k be suitable? What intel proccesor would you reccomend?

0 Likes

7700k easily becomes OC to 4.4 or 4.5Ghz. CPU upgrade is unnecessary. If possible, you can also try RAM-OC.

0 Likes

@mstfbsrn980 wrote:

7700k easily becomes OC to 4.4 or 4.5Ghz. CPU upgrade is unnecessary. If possible, you can also try RAM-OC.

Tried all of that, returned the 5700xt and got 2060 oc and it runs faster

0 Likes

I also have 2060. The reason I did not buy Navi was because I used 1080p. Because the AMD driver might cause a bottleneck for 1080p for some games. For 1080p, I think the 2060 is fine for now for me.

0 Likes

@mstfbsrn980 wrote:

Please for the love of all that is good avoid userbenchmark like the plague. Run cinebench or the like a few times to heat soak the CPU and then compare to comparable scores or run a benchmark in game while watching your CPU/GPU load and clock speeds. If your CPU is loaded up and the GPU usage is low than you have a CPU bottleneck. Likewise if the benchmark displays frametiming and you are seeing very high or inconsistent frametimes above 30 ms that is also indicative of a cpu bottleneck. Userbenchmark is the equivalent of asking the person working at gamestop to tune your ram timings... just a terrible idea in general.

0 Likes

0 Likes