cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rivem0dz
Adept I

Low FPS on Valorant with RX 5600 XT

Hello! I am getting around 90 FPS on valorant. I have an RX 5600 XT and according to this post https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2020/06/08/valorant-defy-the-limits-with-ryzen-and-r... i should be getting around 300 FPS. I play on a 144hz monitor and this is really making me mad

Here you have all of my specs:

-> XFX AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB 

-> Ryzen 5 1400 

-> MOBO MSI b350m pro-vdh plus

-> RAM DDR4 8 + 4 Crucial 2666Mhz

-> Kingston SSD 240 GB (Windows)

-> Samsung SSD 240 GB (LINUX GRUB)

-> Watercooling 

-> PSU 700 WATS BRONZE+

0 Likes
17 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I don't know which processor is giving 300FPS. I really do not know. But I guess the FPS you get for the 1400 processor is normal.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

And completely different hardware:

Testing done by AMD performance labs 05/29/2020 on RX 580, RX 5500XT, 5600XT, 5700, 5700XT graphics cards with AMD driver 20.4.2, Ryzen 7 3800X processor, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER, FG5 bios, Win10 Pro x64 18362.175. Game tested was VALORANT. Performance may vary. RX-494

0 Likes
rivem0dz
Adept I

what would you suggest to upgrade to solve this issue? Thanks

0 Likes

Capture.PNG

Your mobo supports the 3000 series.

And that is the result for 3600...
Capture2.PNG

So you can buy a new processor. 

Edit: Your mobo 3000 series support needs BIOS update.

0 Likes

Thank you very much! I will buy it immediately. I will post the results

once it arrives, as I am from chile Amazon takes like 2 weeks to arrive.

Thanks in advance.

El dom., 30 de agosto de 2020 2:47 a. m., mstfbsrn980 <

amd-external@jiveon.com> escribió:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Low FPS on Valorant with RX 5600 XT in Graphics

0 Likes
demonblade
Journeyman III

I don't believe this is an issue with the CPU. I have the 10700k and have the exact same issue. Can't seem to fix it no matter what I change in settings anywhere. 

0 Likes

What is your graphics card? Low FPS may be due to poor GPU according to the CPU.

0 Likes

Hi... I already bought the processor but It hasn't arrived. I believe this

issue has to do with the ram speed... but I am not sure.

El mié., 2 de septiembre de 2020 1:31 a. m., demonblade <

0 Likes

Please test your system by going to the Userbenchmark website and share the result.

0 Likes

Edit:

Your RAM configuration is that... RAM DDR4 8 + 4 Crucial 2666Mhz

This configuration will probably not work in DUAL mode. And you will experience a loss of performance. However, your old FPS value should have increased by 60% or more.

+Put your system to the test with the Userbenchmark website and share the result.

+Open your computer case and remove the RAMs and save their pictures so that the part numbers are visible.

+Contact your computer store and get the stock information of the product with the part number of 8GB RAM.

+Buy 8GB of RAM with the same part number and install 2x8GB of RAM on your system according to the motherboard manual.

Your RAM speed is also important for performance. But the most important thing is DUAL mode. Because the performance gain of DUAL mode is much higher. Also, if the 8GB RAM is Crucial 2666Mhz, I have a very similar RAM. I am using 2400Mhz RAM with 3400Mhz speed with memory timing settings. I can share what I know about RAM-OC according to your preference.

0 Likes

Hi my ram module is the followiwng Memoria Ram Crucial 8GB DDR4 2666mhz DIMM Crucial | Linio Chile - CR117EL0H7SMGLACL  and the 4GB stick is from the same line of corsair. The benchmark results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32491682 

thanks

0 Likes

The problem is not only the RAMs. There is something in the background of your operating system that pushes the processor and reduces performance.

+You need to solve the RAM problem with buying 8GB RAM (with same part number). Or you need to solve the RAM problem by purchasing a new DUAL-KIT.

+You need to re-install Windows 10 with an USB stick. Your current operating system setup is pushing your processor.

If you try to re-install Windows 10, after the installation go to the Userbenchmark test again and share the result if you want.

Goodluck...

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I just ordered 2 x 16 GB Hyper X Fury Black 3200Mhz.

About the operative system. I am a software engineer and i have a

partition with Linux (wich I use for work), maybe this has to do with the

problem? Thanks

El mié., 2 de septiembre de 2020 1:56 p. m., mstfbsrn980 <

0 Likes

Is the Unix running in the background? Why Windows 10 is loading a lot on the processor in the background? You need to fix this problem and that's why I suggested re-install OS.

0 Likes

No it's not running in the background. But I have a lot of grub errors all

the time. I will reinstall windows when the new processor arrives so there

is no problem. I will post the results. Thank you very much.

El mié., 2 de septiembre de 2020 2:30 p. m., mstfbsrn980 <

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema, tengo la Rx 5600 XT con un i7 10700 y en todas ellas como Valorant, Counter o Fortnite en modo rendimiento, me limitan a 120fps y no sé cómo hacer que suba.

0 Likes
demonblade
Journeyman III

I don’t think ram speed is the problem. I’m running 4x8gb 3200mhz Corsair. They game ran smooth as glass until August 26th. Played August 25 and it was glass. August 26th and couldn’t move my mouse. Changed polling rate from 1000mhz to 250 and it’s playable at 40-60fps, but not the 400 I was getting the day before. The only thing I noticed that updated that day was my Logitech g hub for my blue yeti. 

0 Likes