Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Spex19
Journeyman III

Low fps on 20years old game

I bought Counter Strike 1.6 
And started playing it , and fps drops on bigger maps or when theres text on screen , i remember playing it on old pc no graphics card 100fps+ , but lags on r7 240 ? help 

0 Likes
5 Replies
GamingMonkey
Journeyman III

We need some more information here. Usually something like this is software or driver issue. 

Are you running anything else while you play CS? Do you have overlays on the game? Can you confirm you have the latest drivers for your card?

0 Likes

Im sorry for answering late .

I got low end pc but i can still play games like league of legends , cs go ... without any problems or fps drops.

I have tried running cs 1.6 with r5 230 and i didnt had a single fps drop on cs 1.6 but i cant play properly other games cus r5 230 cant run them at consistant fps.

I got latest drivers for my r7 240 , i have tried changing resolutions , i tested it on 1280x1024 and 640x480 but fps was same ? 

I run a lot of browser tabs open , music , discord ... a lot of stuff , but it dosent affect performance in games that require better specs than cs 1.6. I tried closing it all but makes no diffrence .

Im not currently home so i cant give u detailed pc specs but ill tell you what i know

R7 240 1gb

8gb ram

Intel quad 2.7ghz

Im pretty sure cs 1.6 should be able to.run on.any potato , i have played it on.worst pcs than mine without any problem and im very sure that gpu is problem here

In LoL i.have consistant 70-80 fps

And in cs go 100+

Thanks !

0 Likes
MacArthur
Adept III

hi @Spex19 

Please enter your system specifications
I have a problem similar to your problem with :
rx 6900xt avg temp at games 70c(2000RPM)

cpu : i9 9900kf avg temp at games 60c

motherboard : ASUS TUF Z390 gaming plus WIFI

2t ssd NVMe ( all games instaled )

480 g ssd ( for windows )

16x2 ram 3000mhz cl 16

windows 11 64bit

PSU 800w Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.12.1

monitor 2k (2560x1440p) 165hz DP port
After several checks, I realized that old games do not use the full power of the graphics card, for example, I use only 30% of my graphics card in the game left 4 dead 2
It seems that the new generation graphics cards with only DX12 and vulkan reach 90% of functionality
For example, in the game cyberpunk 2077 and control my graphics card reach to 99% usage
Try to raise resolution scale in the game

0 Likes

Hi 

Im not sure whats going on , i got low end pc and ur specs are 10x times better 

Im not currently home but ill give u what i know 

amd r7 240 (temp is always around 40-50C)

Intel quad 2.7ghz 

8gb ram

Only thing i know that its happening  bcs of gpu , I have tries raising and lowering resolution/textures but there is no diffrence .Im not sure why im able to.run Games like League of Legends , CS GO without fps drops but im not able to run cs 1.6 that is 20yo old ?

I have tried using even older and worse gpu and i didnt had single fps drop , but ofc then im not able to.run other games i play . 

0 Likes

i'm having same problem here csgo six siege league of legends valorant everygame i have 100+ fps locked but on cs 1.6 my fps drop to 60 still didnt find solution

0 Likes