Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

WillYxThAxKidd
Adept I
Adept I

Low fps in warzone (6900xt)

I’ve upgraded from a 5700xt to a 6900xt and Im not seeing any performance gains in warzone. I have roughly the same fps between 120-160 depending on what part of the map I’m on. is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

my specs 

ryzen 9 3900x cpu

rog crosshair viii formula motherboard

32gb ram 3600mhz

sapphire 6900xt gpu

850w psu

radeon driver version 20.12.2

0 Kudos
27 Replies

Re: Low fps in warzone (6900xt)

I have the same cpu & gpu and im having the same problem here, its not really getting over 160fps, no matter how low the settings are... im just wondering if you might have to overclock cpu and gpu to get to the 200fps mark?

did you find out anything?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Why is 200fps so important? Games are made to be playable at 30fps...and you can't get over 160? You want more...lower your settings from Ultra to High.

Because its just more enjoyable to have a smooth running game with a high frame rate and a high resolution (which im not even using) im playing at 1080p and turned of everything that would use additional VRAM, im just using like 5/16GB VRAM 

Something is obviously not working how it should and if i wanted to play at 30-60fps i couldve bought a ps4 for 300$ or less and would not have to spend so much money for a graphics card that doesnt perform how it promised to do

WillYxThAxKidd
Adept I
Adept I

Nah I haven’t found out anything. I think it’s warzone itself. With every season it seems like the fps is getting lower and lower. I see people using the 3090 and they don’t hit over 160 fps. Maybe if you’re around the dam  or boneyard it gets up to like 180 for me but that’s about the highest it goes. I also play on 1080p

WillYxThAxKidd
Adept I
Adept I

With a 6900xt you should be able to hit 200 fps at high settings. Even turning it down to low doesn’t give more fps. It’s warzone itself the game isn’t optimized properly.

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you have the Power Limit set to max + value and computer power plan set to high performance?
0 Kudos

Yes you might be right there i was just confused because when it first came out, content creators ive been watching would get easily over 200fps and it didnt drop under 180fps but i just watched their recent gameplays and they are around the same fps with their nvidia cards and the same settings so it has to be the game and not the card itself

I just bought cyberpunk i might try and fps run there and see what the card really can do

Thanks tho for the help

Yes i have my settings are just fine and everything is set on max. Performance but without OC

0 Kudos
BrainsCollector
Adept III
Adept III

I have the same problem with rx6800

Funniest part is that on 1080p and 1440p it has THE SAME FRAMES, literally no change at all. In menu it shows 140-120fps, it's the same what was on my previous rtx 2060super which is at least 30%-40% slower than rx.

My friends RTX 2080 ti should perform quite similar to rx and even worse, so there should be around 200fps.

Worst part of all is that in warzone, during match I have WORSE performance than my previous card ! On RTX i was achieving stable 105-110fps and on RX i can see drops to 90 and with average 100-105fps. This is ridiculous!

Gpu is working correctly, in cyberpunk 1080p -80-100fps 1440p 60-70fps which is very predictable, same for Witcher 140-150fps, 90-110fps respectable

0 Kudos