cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nikonee2407
Journeyman III

Low & unstable fps on Counter Strike 1.6 with my RX 570

This is my first time using AMD forums so i hope you can help me with this.

So, i have a low spec pc:

8gb ram 2x4, i5 2500k CPU, and a RX 570 8gb

I've been using this pc many years, i used to have an GT 610 Nvidia gpu, it was terrible for almost all games except for counter strike 1.6, with that card i had 200 fps and no frame drops. But i decided it was time for a gpu boost so i got a rx 570, it works fine on any other game but when i tried play cs 1.6 my fps were terrible. Can't handle 100 stable fps and some times drops to 57 fps. I dont understand what could be happening, hope you can help me with this

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rezkane
Journeyman III

i really have the same issue, i upgraded from GT 610 to RX 570 and i have unstable and drop fps on cs1.6 and i cannot overclock my monitor to 75hz as i do it before with my GT 610, i hope there is a solution for this

0 Likes
Rezkane
Journeyman III

hi, i found out whats was the problem, i fix it by using this line on launch options steam CS : 
-gl -32bpp -dxlevel 90 -freq 75 -stretchaspect -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -nojoy
and i m sure it's the "-dxlevel 90" who fix it

0 Likes
Nikonee2407
Journeyman III

Tried using the same commands, but still the same performance.
I'm not sure why is the game having a so poor performance on this gpu, i've upgraded my ram to 16gb, also an ssd, but nothing have changed.
Some people told me that is maybe because AMD cards are not having good performance on OpenGL, but i'm not sure.
Anyways, thank you for the replies.

0 Likes