cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eastcoastshepard
Journeyman III

Losing video signal and PC freezing when not playing games

As the title states, my new build loses video signal somewhat often when Im not playing any games. I could be listening to Spotify and if I go to open another application, I would lose any video signal and would lose use of my power button, making me have to hard reset my PC. I also have an issue with my PC freezing for several seconds, then cutting back in to run extremely slow, also making me lose the use of my power button. I've had these issues since I built the PC and I've tried using only one stick of ram, replacing the PSU (mostly due to another unrelated issue), updating bios, and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers multiple times. At this point I'm wondering if it's a drivers issue, or worse a motherboard or GPU problem.

Full parts list: 
GPU: RX 5700
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GBx2
PSU: EVGA BQ 650W

0 Likes
1 Reply
hontaras
Journeyman III

I have a similar problem
In November, I purchased a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Gaming OC (GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD). When using it, I have such a problem that when I, for example, watch a movie and it is not overloaded, the screen turns off, although the computer is working and the sound is heard. I thought there might be a problem with the monitor, while another monitor was connected during this setup, but there was no overriding. Can you please advise me on the problem, in your products or in the drivers. Thank you.

P.S. The problem was on both Win7 and Win10

0 Likes