Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

clairelyclaire
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Looking for an EFI ROM for the FirePro V3900

I have an HP workstation with a FirePro V3900 installed, and just discovered my card doesn't have an EFI-compatible ROM on it, so I can't enable Secure Boot or use UEFI boot. I noticed in a separate thread that AMD released a ROM for the FirePro V7000 but that it was unreleased and had to be manually requested to obtain.

Is there an EFI ROM for the V3900 available? Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Looking for an EFI ROM for the FirePro V3900

fsadough​ is the Firepro boffin, care to take this one?

0 Kudos
fsadough
Staff
Staff

I need your product part number, which starts with 102-Cxxxxxxx. It is on a green label on the back of your card.

0 Kudos
clairelyclaire
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

102C3310910 000001

0 Kudos
fsadough
Staff
Staff

This is an OEM board by HP. Have you contacted HP already? I can give you couple of VBIOSes to try at your own risk. No guarantee that it works.

0 Kudos
rexpo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Old thread, sorry, but we're dealing with an old card for an old workstation - they haven't changed since 2017 

I'm in the same situation as OP, with a FirePro V3900 in an HP Z620 workstation, where the card only supports legacy boot, not EFI. I've just gotten off the phone with HP support; since the product is so old, they can't offer anything other than the publicly available drivers on their support site. They don't have an EFI firmware for me to test out.

So I'd like to take you up on your offer of VBIOSes to try, fsadough if it's still open?

0 Kudos
rexpo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Never mind, fsadough I've sorted it out

My original, non-EFI BIOS v013.012.000.035.041853: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/213076/213076 

The new, EFI-capable BIOS v013.012.000.041.002458 I flashed in: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/140748/140748

The card still shows up as HP branded after flashing, still works in Legacy boot mode, but now also works in EFI boot mode. Sweet

Of course this is a very unofficial, unsupported, potentially risky way to do things, but it is the only solution I found, and it does exactly what I wanted. I hope this helps anyone else who lands here in search of this solution.

And for those who are curious, here is what my card looked like before flashing:

pastedImage_5.gif

And after flashing:

pastedImage_6.gif

0 Kudos
fsadough
Staff
Staff

There is a newer version: hC3310900_102_X64Gop_1_69.rom

https://we.tl/t-WsisubWGuZ

0 Kudos
rexpo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Interesting to see that the legacy portion of that rom, at version 013.012.000.035.001936, is slightly older than both of the ones that I have from before, but that the EFI part has the newest GOP at v1.69, compared to my v1.43.

I guess this rom is a "handmade" mash of that old BIOS and the newer EFI/GOP blob?

In any case, thanks! I have a feeling this rom will come in handy as I experiment with this, and my other Turks & Caicos cards 

0 Kudos