cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CaptainKnuckles
Journeyman III

Lighting/Volumetric Effects Too "Sharp"?

I use a Radeon RX 5700 XT with a Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor. My drivers are up to date at 20.12.1. I play most of my games in 1440p, but going down to 1080p didn't help.

When Cyberpunk launched I updated my very outdated drivers. While playing, when light hits certain textures, they look distractingly "grainy" until I approach them and look at them head-on.  When things render in or I turn too quickly, objects render in a "haze" in the same way.  I thought maybe this was a quirk of the game but while playing Destiny 2 I noticed the exact same thing happening, when I could have sworn it didn't on the older drivers. Same symptoms overall. Then tried No Man's Sky and the "grain" is very noticeable. Clouds have a ring of pixels around them and atmosphere with light coming through it has the same odd artifacts.

It's pretty distracting and I'm at a loss. I fiddled with every setting in these three games and didn't notice much difference. What could this be? Is there a fix for this?

The Steam screenshots I took to demonstrate the problem "smoothed" out what I'm seeing as I play, I assume because the screenshots are taken at a lower resolution.

0 Likes
0 Replies