cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

turgut_ozal
Journeyman III

Lenovo AMD Radeon 530 / R7 m440 driver problem is still not fixed

Like other thousands of victims, i have so serious game performance problems with this graphics card. Which is caused by -i think- not having correct drivers. I see Radeon 530 as r7 m440 or in some situations  535dx at device menager.

AMD provided reference drivers for laptop products that use a generic Device ID. This has no impact on  performance. (saying its not a problem if its showing as in a different name )

Nope, I HAVE 10 FPS WITH LOWEST SETTINGS IN CS:GO
Almost one year passed, what should i do ? Here is a list of what ive tried:

• ddu + AMD auto detect -> Radeon r8 535dx
  • ddu + My device drivers from Lenovo website -> Radeon r7 m440
  • ddu + Device Menager, Update drivers -> i dont remember
  • ddu + Device Menager, manually choosing radeon 530 and installing 530 drivers, forcing pc to acknowledge it as radeon 530 
  • ddu + Only apu drivers (best performence at least i can see the enemy before dying ) -> r7 m440
  • ddu + Windows Update
  • ddu + and other tons of timewaste ways
    NONE OF THEM WORKED
    Lenovo IP320 80XS00BDTX
    Amd a10 9620p - R5 graphics
    Lenovo amd Radeon 530 (not the real amd radeon 530, modded by lenovo, which creates the ALL problem-i guess-.)
    8GB Ram
    pls help at least for a couple years, then i WILL NEVER buy a pc with having a piece 'amd' writing on it.
18 Replies
_kamal_31
Adept I

the same problem . did you find solution ?

0 Likes
alidemirezer
Journeyman III

I have this problem too. my laptop is have a radeon 530 gddr5 but ı take 10 fps in pubg MOBİLE LOL :d amd is doesnt care this problem. ı hope they can see us.

0 Likes
enzymite
Adept I

I also have this problem. Before I would get like at least 50 fps in valorant but now im getting like 20-30 fps and I cant even play. My name also changed to r7 M440 from Radeon 530. I really need you guys to help me fix this issue please.

0 Likes
Kheksus
Journeyman III

The same problem. I cant play even old games at the lowest graphics settings. I don't know what to do
I have the same video card (radeon 530) but a different model (ideapad 320-17abr)

0 Likes

I really am sorry for your problem.

Load the latest drivers for your laptop from Lenovo. If that doesn't help contact Lenovo support.

You can also contact AMD support https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

First....AMD furnishes generic drivers only.

That's what this means:

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

When you install a generic driver you get a generic name. If you want it to read '530' get it from the laptop vendor.

With mobility APU's...you do not update the discrete graphics card (530) you update the APU (A10 9620p). That updates the internal graphics and the discrete graphics. One driver. That's all.

0 Likes

In all the "answers" I read says"if you want it to read (x) get it from the laptop vendor, install the laptop vendor drivers. What means that?

0 Likes

It means ...type    Lenovo Support....in Google search. Go there and enter your laptop model to get drivers. Install them.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

0 Likes

Which driver? There's no AMD graphics driver for my laptop model.

0 Likes

Then you entered the wrong laptop model. Or you don't have AMD graphics at all....which is on you.

If you tell us the EXACT model of your laptop....I will lead you by the hand and show you what to do. Look on the bottom of the laptop for the exact model number.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

You do know that you do not update the graphics drivers but the APU (AMD 9620) ? That updates the integrated and the discrete graphics. You do not try to install any other graphics driver.

0 Likes

It's a "81CM Model". 

0 Likes

That tells me nothing

Let the site detect your product

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

0 Likes

I did that like 2 hours ago, and there's no drivers for the AMD Graphics.

0 Likes

Don't look for graphics. Look for anything AMD or processor.

Take a screenshot of the options you have after the site took you to the right laptop and post it here.

0 Likes

I installed some "old" drivers from 2021, and the Revert to the previous driver option was available. The name finally changed to Radeon R7 M440.

0 Likes

Update: I solved the problem by myself, but, hey, thanks.

0 Likes

How? Tell me please. I have the same problem

0 Likes