cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

heydon2015
Adept II

, just how true are the overheating benchmarks of Radeon RX 5700 XT?

Hello i have seen many youtubers , such as Gamers Nexus , state that the AMD's 110c "normal Parameters" , is totally wrong , as i am interested in this card , even the reference model , i am concerned about how true these benchmarks  are and should i be worried before putting it in my Cooler Master Masterbox 5 MSi Edition .

Here is the Youtube post I'm referring too Explaining Navi 5700 XT Junction Temperature | 110°C is Not "Expected" - YouTube  .  So before i buy this card can anyone tell me how true are these benchmarks and should i be concerned ?

0 Likes
8 Replies

Just get one of the better cooled AIB partner cards (dual/tri fan).

GN has a round up review of most (at the time) comparing to the Ref. design. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
heydon2015
Adept II

I would , however some of the AIB cards are way more expensive than the reference cards , and also The ones made by MSI have got  a worse rating than the reference card 

0 Likes

Sapphire Nitro cards are good, I use them and they perform well.

0 Likes

However in the uk they are around £421 .00 and way off my price range , but also I have seen two separate instances where they have failed , for whatever reason .

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes

heydon2015 wrote:

However in the uk they are around £421 .00 and way off my price range , but also I have seen two separate instances where they have failed , for whatever reason .

Sent from my iPad

Ouch that is expensive. I have used a few Sapphire cards and the RX 480 8GB I have now has survived and still stands strong.

0 Likes
node31
Adept I

basically only PC Red Devil, Sapphire N+ Gigabyte Gaming OC are worth of money with 3slots coolers...

For 2 slots MSI Gaming X, Sapphire Pulse and PC Red Dragon... Everything else is straightforward trash in one shape or form...

BTW you really dont wont Junction temp over 90°c ... Yeah it can handle 110°c, but then your edge is also around 90°c so no good... 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My son has the Asrock 5700XT and it rarely breaks 55c. Not sure if he just won the proverbial lottery, but those temps are darned good if you ask me. Buy one.

0 Likes

Well to be honest i have been looking at the Red Devil by Powercolor AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DHE/OC - PowerColor , its less expensive thhan the Sapphire and the Asrock card 

0 Likes