cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

iNgsane
Journeyman III

Issues with FreeSync

I've tried testing various combinations with vsync/enhanced sync & limiting fps to Hz-3 on both cyberpunk and valorant. No matter what, as soon as I turn on FreeSync I get little jitters/stutters with movement and in cyberpunk I even get an ~15 fps drop along with the jitters, which was surprising. I'm using an RX 6800 connected to two 144hz monitors.

Also, their recommended settings here: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-settings says "Use framerate cap at your own discretion" without any clarification to what that means...does it mean it's not necessary to cap? or that you should cap Hz-3? Afaik freesync isn't working if the game goes beyond 144 fps so idk...

As soon as I turn freesync and enhanced sync/vsync off, everything is high fps and smooth.

P.S. I have also tested with Anti-Lag ON/OFF.

0 Likes
1 Solution
iNgsane
Journeyman III

I've figured it out; It was the "10-Bit Pixel Format" setting under the Graphics tab that was causing the issue, disable it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
iNgsane
Journeyman III

I've figured it out; It was the "10-Bit Pixel Format" setting under the Graphics tab that was causing the issue, disable it.

0 Likes