• Motherboard  + Bios Revision 11/13/2019
    •  ASUS PRIME B450M-A  Bios Version 2006
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD RYZEN 5 2600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Hello, I bought a new AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card three months ago and I’ve been facing some problems with it. More specifically, when I play games the screen goes black for a couple of seconds (that happens when I don’t play games as well, but more rarely), on other games a play as normal for 3-4 minutes and then the game lags and just shuts. On some other games, in some cases, the graphics lag. The games I play are League of Legends, Lineage 2, Terra, Riders of Icarus, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition (last versions with high graphics and 2560x1440px  resolution). I’ve done a clean installation of Windows, installed the latest drivers, but the problems continue to happen. I also tried the solution being given here: https://community.amd.com/thread/232643 ; there was a slight improvement but it still lags. I have recorded a video of a game that lags for you to watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m3jmQnhB2w&t=161s . Please help me find a solution. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
shoesfx
Adept II

I had issues with LoL specifically black screen flicker 1-2 secs.

Before i explain what i did to solve this i have to mention that from my experience freesync is totaly broken and while my monitor supports freesync when i play on 240hz i get black screen flicker (1-2 sec duration).
Switching to 144hz solved this issue but not for LoL.

The following solved my issue with LoL:

• Locate League of Legends where it is installed ("C:/RiotGames" is the default path) and look for "LeagueClient.exe"
  • Right Click on it and select "Properties", then select the "Compatibility" tab on the window that pops up
  • Check "Compatibility mode" in that menu, and ensure the Windows XP (Service Pack 3) option is selected.
  • Hit okay. Relaunch League, and you should be good to go

Nothing from the above solve my problem with black screen crashes (hard reboot), but it should help you with black screen flickering.
Another sollution is to change your monitor to 60hz

0 Likes