cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nightblu3
Journeyman III

Is this sound normal -Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT?

Hi there, I just purchased an RX 5700 XT Sapphire, it’s making a very annoying ‘clicking’ sound. And this happen only when i activate fan tuning from radeon software after the gpu leaves the 0 RPM mode and the fans start spinning the weird sound comes . And i also noticed that sometimes the gpu fans start spinning to 1500 rpm randomly in idle for 5 seconds then it goes back to normal but when i turn off fan tuning the issue stops. Did anyone got this weird bug? I got the latest driver installed. I have uploaded a YouTube of it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vVPXQq5aL0&feature=youtu.be Unfortunately my mic on my phone doesn’t quite capture how loud the sound actually is, I don’t mind the blower, but the clicking is another matter.

I triend reinstall the drivers , downgrade to previous driver and the issue still persist.

1 Reply
nordvargr
Adept III

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issue with my Nitro+ RX 5700 XT. I can hear the weird buzzing sound (most likely coil whine), even when I just move mouse cursor around the desktop screen. Obviously it also happens in games, even under relatively low gpu load, and even when fps is capped to 60 (says a lot about build quality of this GPU...).

Regarding fans starting randomly in idle...have you checked memory temps. of your GPU? Many people (particularly those who use 75hz and 144hz monitors) are experiencing (driver?) issue with 5700 XT memory clocks being stuck and causing high temps when idle. This obviously compromises the fan stop function, because fans are turning on/off all the time due to idle memory clock temperature fluctuations (we could say that 5700 XT never idles on certain monitors at certain refresh rates, particularly 75/144hz).

In my case GPU temperature is constantly well above 60°C in idle (which is definitely not normal) when I use my monitor's native refresh rate (75hz), it normalizes when I set 60hz refresh rate.

0 Likes