Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

leterel
Adept I

Is this part of the AMD experience?

https://youtu.be/NFANMaB0jW0

It would be nice if I could use my screens properly for various applications.

"Cold silence has a tendency to
Atrophy any sense of compassion
Between supposed lovers"
0 Likes
1 Solution

The first segment is related to your AMD GPU, right?

Second segment is NVIDIA.

All I'm saying is, that a **bleep**ty and old passive NVIDIA GPU somewhat surpasses a 5 year newer active cooled AMD GPU.

So you're saying I'm good to go and there is no bigger issue here and this is totally normal behavior?

Between supposed lovers"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

The only helpful part of your post was YouTube video showing both monitors flickering. 

Otherwise with no information at all to go on, Thanks for the nice video.

Why people keep coming in and complaining without reading the rules is beyond me:

information-required-when-posting-a-discussion 

To be fair, I wanted to see if anybody responds.

I had other issues in regards to software or hardware, stated my problem thoroughly and never ever got a response.

So there's the other side to that.

Gonna collect all the info the next day.

Between supposed lovers"

- My GPU:

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-580

- Desktop

- Windows 10 64bit 20H2

- Radeon 20.9.1, as I am writing this.

>I will uninstall the graphics drivers after this post.

>Restart my PC.

>Install the newest graphics card drivers fresh and new and whatnot.

>Restart my PC.

- Display make... like what displays I use?

I got 2 Acer KG281K.

From the displays DisplayPort to the graphics card DisplayPort, 2 times.

Resolution on both:

3840 x 2160 on both screens.

H/V-Frequency on both:

H 134KHz   V 60Hz

The only differency between those 2 screens is that one is a little smother in the settings and has smaller scaled options settings. And the UI has an extra feature in 1 screen.

- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

- MSI MS-7C36 / BIOS 1.40 - PRESTIGE X570 CREATION

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200)

- Corsair HX Series™ HX1000 — 1000 Watt 80 PLUS® PLATINUM Certified Fully Modular PSU (EU)

I will replace the cables very soon and try out different ports.

I also had this issues one year before with the RX 570. It improved a little with the RX 580, I guess... maybe?

I have a **bleep**ty Haswell Intel Hackintosh with Catalina. Has a passive cooling GPU from NVIDIA, runs really

bleeping smooth, shouldn't even be able to display 2 x 4k, but it works quite good and I tried it on the same screens.

I have to update the BIOS definitely as well.

I experienced this first with Zoom, but Zoom is very retarded.

You have to go into Zoom settings and tell Zoom when you wanna use a second display.

If you use 2 displays in Zoom and didn't activate the 2-displays-setting in Zoom, you get the same flickering.

Same goes vice versa.

I had this with other programs as well.

The funny thing is, I can play Vanilla Skyrim to the maximum on one 4k screen and have my OBS window open on another

screen, no problem.

Then I tried to edit a video. I wanted to make a spotting list in Cubase = playing a video on one screen

and writing stuff down on another screen. As soon as either one of the applications turns fullscreen, the flickering starts.

I had this issue some weeks ago more then ever.

Sometimes I am bleeping forced to turn on the second screen.

Means = If 2 displays are connected with the PC and one screen is in stand-by, I might get the flickering as well.

Then I have to turn on the second screen. Both screens go black for a short amount of time and then I see two.

Sometimes this fixes **bleep**, sometimes it makes it worse.

I can kinda reset the process partially, by turning off both screens or by unplugging one screen from power source AND data connection.

But most of the times I do a restart and it somewhat works properly again.

Between supposed lovers"
0 Likes

2 things I forgot.

A buddy of mine suggested 2 things.

#1 Feroxid  veils for the cables. Did that, tried that out. With or without them the issue persists.

#2 Getting something like a blanket for my PC chair to avoid ESD. Did that, tried that. Issue persists.

#3 Getting a PVC floormat. Did that, tried that. Same result.

In general panic of bleeping my PC up, I touch my radiators on a regular basis to avoid any ESD whatsoever.

Sometimes I study erotic video material and I have like 20 tabs open, spread over these 2 screens.

No single issue. WTF is this?

This PC is quite new and from October 2019. I never ever experienced any issues when I had 3 x 2k screens connected.

And if it were the screens... why are they working with a totally retarded passive cooled Nvidia GT 710 on a Hackintosh system that should be unstable as heck? No flickering whatsoever.

Between supposed lovers"
0 Likes

I got black screen, then a flickering screen, but after installing different driver versions a few times, it eventually came together.
Its a little disconcerting, but it resolved with a newer driver - still cost me several hours on 2 days.

I could do with more a more sure-fired installation routine, but then again, with Nvidia preventing their drivers from installing at all, if you're on a 2016-2026 LTSB version of Windows 10 Enterprise, even though that OS is still "supported" until 2026, Nvidia panders to Microshaft and prevents installation of any drivers from Turing on up.

With AMD, you get no such shenanigans...

0 Likes

The first segment is related to your AMD GPU, right?

Second segment is NVIDIA.

All I'm saying is, that a **bleep**ty and old passive NVIDIA GPU somewhat surpasses a 5 year newer active cooled AMD GPU.

So you're saying I'm good to go and there is no bigger issue here and this is totally normal behavior?

Between supposed lovers"
0 Likes

So that is it? 

Between supposed lovers"
0 Likes