cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kihieu
Journeyman III

Is this a sign that my GPU is faulty?

Hi, I have been having issues with my AMD Radeon R9 290x for about 3 months now. At first it shows visual patterns like in the picture for about few seconds, before blinking and recover. However, as time pass, it becomes more and more problematic. It started to get serious with a very old game, Heroes of Newerth, where the graphic suddenly messed up after a few minutes playing then turn black, a bzzzt noise appears then after a minute or two BSOD occurs and PC restarts. But at the time it only happen with this one game. I was playing newer games like Assassins' Creeds Odyssey but I had absolutely no problem. But slowly it start to occurs to other games as well like Horizon Dawn, AC Origin, The Witcher 3 etc... and now it's happening to Youtube :S 

I have tried all possible fix (reinstall driver, disable overclocking, reset windows, tdr change in registry etc....) none of which help, the problem simply becomes worse and worse as time pass.

I tried to stress test my GPU, RAM, checking disk error and all sort of hardware checks, none of which return any error.

So I really can't know for sure if it is my GPU (which I hope it is) or the system. Could somebody help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

P/S: I took the picture from someone else who experienced the same issue on the internet. This is to show what happened before it goes blacks screen. Nowadays the screen just completely tears and go straight black without these patterns appearing.

wyiuIac.jpeg

0 Likes
0 Replies