cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

abdo219
Journeyman III

Is there an amd radeon HD 7400m series definition

Is there an amd radeon HD 7400m series definition?

0 Likes
19 Replies

Well I tried to find a spec page for you. Google comes up with a link, however it goes nowhere on the AMD site. When AMD recently redid their website we lost a wealth of great information and links. Instead of them going new on top of old they apparently wiped the slate clean and started over. I did however find this link on a foreign AMD site. Hopefully it has the answers you want:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7400M Series Graphics

0 Likes

thanks

0 Likes

By "Definition" do mean DRIVER?

IF so you need to specify which 7400M GPU you have installed than go here to download the latest driver: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

If this is for a Laptop, you must download the APU Driver if it is an AMD APU (CPU with integrated graphics) but if it is a Intel APU then you can download the Discrete AMD HD 74xx Driver separately.

0 Likes

There is no definition of amd radeon HD 7400m series Do these definitions work !

0 Likes

HD 7400M Series is a SERIES of GPU card models as per the image I posted. You need to know exactly which HD 7400M series you have installed. It is a good chance all the HD 7400M series drivers are the same. But it is always best to download the exact GPU model driver to be on the safe side.

If you are not sure of the model of GPU you have installed, download the free program GPU-Z or SPECCY.

SPECCY will show you all the hardware and software you have installed including Make & Models. GPU-Z gives all the Specs on the GPUs installed on your computer.

Again, please clarify by what you mean by "DEFINITIONS" ? Are you talking about the GPU DRIVERS? If you ARE NOT then IGNORE this post and my previous comments.

Yes I talk about GPU DRIVERS

0 Likes

Hi this is what is happening when I tried to find mine.AMD.jpg

0 Likes

This previous AMD Thread explains that the 7400m and its series are legacy and AMD Moderator gives the Drivers available for your GPU laptop card: amd hd 7400M driver update 

From the link above:

The HD7400M series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.

From AMD Download page, seems like all the HD7400m series drivers are the same as mentioned above.AMD Radeon™ HD 7430M Drivers & Support | AMD 

k, that's what I did.  Just a concern.  Screen isn't suppose to go blank when I'm accessing either one right?  

0 Likes

If this a laptop, it is always best to use your laptop manufacturer's own VGA Driver if they are about the same year as the one at AMD Download. Since they are 100% compatible and will show correctly all the GPUs you have installed.

If you have a laptop? and it has an Intel Processor then you just need to download the AMD driver for the discrete GPU but if your laptop has an AMD Processor (APU) you need to download the AMD APU Driver which automatically installs both the integrated GPU and Discrete GPU drivers.

You need to post your computer specs including exact Laptop model and Processor installed plus Windows version and AMD Driver installed.

0 Likes

Yes laptop.  HP Pavilion.  Here's the info.  Hope this helps.LaptopModel.jpgSystem Specs.jpgAMD DRIVER INSTALLED.jpg

0 Likes

Guru3D.com - DDU.zip is no good for my version Windows 10 Home - 64 bit.

Anywhere else?

0 Likes

Here is the official website to download DDU from: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.1.4 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum 

brilliant thanks!

0 Likes

Well, that info really is not too useful because it doesn't mention the exact HP Pavilion laptop you have. 

For the AMD VGA Driver to work correctly, your Intel APU Driver must have the latest Intel driver installed. You can use Intel's own Driver Updater to update all your Intel laptop drivers to the latest version. It is called Intel Driver and Support Assist.

Here is how to update your laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to 

You need to go to HP Support for your HP Pavilion laptop model and updated your BIOS and CHIP Set to the latest, if applicable. If they have a VGA Driver, install that if it is around the same age as the AMD generic laptop driver. They will be 100% compatible with your laptop whereas the AMD generic will probably work but not as well as HP's VGA driver.

0 Likes

It's an HP Pavilion dv6 if that helps?LAPTOP INFORMATION.jpgLAPTOP INFORMATION_2.jpg

0 Likes

This is the only HP Pavilion DV6 that uses a i3-2330M Intel Processor but with a AMD HD-6490M GPU Card: HP Pavilion dv6-6b50sa - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews  after about 40 minutes of searching.

IS THIS YOUR CORRECT MODEL LAPTOP?  Your laptop model number should be listed behind the laptop with a label.

If you are using AMD Driver it could be mislabeling your HD-6490M as a HD-7400M Series GPU card. The HD-7490M GPU card is a rebranded HD-6490M GPU Card as per this website: AMD Radeon HD 7490M - NotebookCheck.net Tech  By using HP VGA Driver it should recognize it correctly as either a 6400m Series or HD 6490M GPU Card.

This is the HP Support site for that model: HP Pavilion dv6-6b50sa Entertainment Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

Also it last BIOS update is from 2013:

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

F.1C7.8 MBJan 29, 2013
Download
HP's Terms of Use
DetailsPrevious versions

Here is the last HD-6490M Driver for your Laptop. It is the same as the AMD 7400M Series Drivers: AMD Radeon™ HD 6490M Drivers & Support | AMD 

IF this is your laptop model, Did you upgrade from the original Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10?

0 Likes

Hi,

The link that you've gives are redirected to amd support site which is a dead end for me. would you make some re-correction about that? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
toxicalpride
Journeyman III

elstaci‌ Hello, I really need your help , I have kind of the same problem so ill give you the details you need , I had an AMD radeon HD 6470M  showing in my device manager , everything worked fine. I decided to install the amd catalyst software for an update, Then after doing it my graphic card changed to AMD radeon 7400M, and all worked fine, but when I start any game the screen starts to '' twitch in black'' so I uninstalled the amd catalyst thing from my pc which uninstalled every AMD driver I had on my laptop, and then  every amd 7400M driver I installed couldnt get detected by the pc ? like I have no graphic card  ( note that I was using windows 7 ) so I reboot my pc into windows 10 and installed every driver from driver pack , and I  still  have the same issue, , only my intel card 3000 is being used , while the AMD 7400 that got downloaded doesnt seem to be detected,I searched for older  AMD drivers and I found one that turned my amd into HD6400M , but still doesnt work, I think if I find the right older driver it can help ? can you please find me a solution as the performence in my games got really bad using the intel graphic.  NOTE :   Im using a VAIO VPCSB1V9E , WINDOWS 10 here is the pictures :

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Please help !

0 Likes