cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

k_gregory
Journeyman III

Is RX 580 compatible with Multi Stream Transport?

When I try running dual screens with an MST DP to dual DP displays, windows sees only one display. After ten seconds, it then sees one big one and one tiny one that can't be adjusted. Ten more seconds and it goes back to seeing only one, and this cycle continues indefinitely.

My RX 580 is by HP, and included in one of their desktop gaming systems (690-0020). It has 4MB, 3 display port outputs and one HDMI. Their spec sheet states it will support up to 6 displays, but I can't get any answer out of them as to how to go about it. It seemed like it would be as simple as using 3 MST 1-into-2 DP hubs, one from each of the GPU's DP outputs. But I can't get even a single MST Hub to support 2 displays. Does anybody here have any ideas how to make it work?

Thanks for all replies.

0 Likes
3 Replies
sonny01
Journeyman III

Did you ever get this figured out? I have an AMD RX580 8GB card and two Dell monitors and when I daisy chain the monitors I get nothing on the second or any indications it's even there..

0 Likes
sonny01
Journeyman III

I figured it out. I was using the HDMI input for my main source and used the DP Out to another monitor and it wouldn't work. I switched the main source to DP In and made sure in the monitor menu under Display that MST was set to ON and it worked. I then was able to use the HDMI input for another computer's output.

0 Likes
JefUyttebroek
Journeyman III

Did you get the card working with an MST hub? I'm having the exact same problem.

0 Likes