cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Zarious1125
Adept II

Is my GPU artifacting?

So, not long ago I was trying to figure out why my GPU is performing in the 0th percentile... I was planning to resort to the last method of doing a clean window install after I backed up my files and double-checked everything, but then my desktop background started freaking out a few minutes ago. As shown in the screenshot, the current desktop background has a weird orange flashing color with weird dots... above the wall of orange is the actual desktop background. To make sure that I won't accidentally make the situation worse, I'm not planning to overclocking or underclocking the GPU since it still has stock settings to keep the warranty intact. This GPU has only been used since the end of June, and yet more and more surprises appear every few days...
At this point, I'll just be asking if anyone had a similar issue to the one I have shown. Hopefully, the warranty form I submitted can get approved since I'm tired of getting so many issues despite having the most expensive AMD GPU option. It took 3+ months just to buy it and I don't want to figure out what is wrong with the GPU for another 3+ months...

Previous AMD help post that I was working on before this visual issue happened: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/underperforming-rx-6900-xt/m-p/483019#M78089

more info on the system build in this Reddit post I made:  https://www.reddit.com/r/pchelp/comments/orrukk/rx_6900_xt_underperforming_a_lot/

the 3 pictures are the close up of the visual issue, a further wide shot of the visual issue, and a picture of what the background image is supposed to display
closer view of the weird visual issuecloser view of the weird visual issuewider view of the whole visual issuewider view of the whole visual issuethe background image that was suppose to show upthe background image that was suppose to show up

0 Likes
1 Reply
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Try changing the cables to hdmi or displayport. Test my system with i9 9900k with rx6900xt (not a reference)i9 9900k rx6900xt sapphire nitro+ sei9 9900k rx6900xt sapphire nitro+ sei9 9900k  rx6900xt sapphire nitro+ sei9 9900k rx6900xt sapphire nitro+ se