cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vosgav2
Adept I

Is my 6700 xt running ok?

Hello all.my sapphire 6700 xt nitro got here yesterday.I installed it i think it works fine i went from 30-40 fps (high settings) to 60-80 (ultra) in cyberpunk 2077 with ray tracing off ofc.But in games like pubg at most settings low i run like 90-130 fps most,average 100 i guess.My friend with same cpu and 1660 TI runs at 130-200!! Is this normal?I thought i would get a better boost.Also i see no changes at battlefield v with direct x 11 again 60-80 fps for some reason.I got almost the same frames with my previous rx590 on almost all titles except cyberpunk!
My system is :
ryzen 7 2700 x running at 3.9
16 GB ram
650W corsair bronze psu
6700 xt 12 GB.
The only improvement was in cyberpunk.Is the above frames normal in games like pubg and battlefield V with my system?

14 Replies
Pedrito0906
Adept III

Welcome to the club brother, grab a ticket number and sit tight while AMD "fixes" the driver issues.

when can i open a ticket i searched but only this forum came up..
you have similar issues?I mean im a little dissapointed cause my rx590 run about the same and im like **bleep**?Maybe my psu is not enough or something?im getting paranoid Especially with all this gpu shortage this was the last piece and i was so excited just to see the same frames in games like PUBG and Bf v 

Did your RX 590 also outperform your 6700 xt in games?

0 Likes

i didnt write down fps from my rx590..but im sure in pubg is about the same sometimes even lower.I played rust today not even on full ultra and my fps are 60 average..Im pretty sure that 2700x and rx6700 should run rust on ultra

0 Likes

and also average fps on dayz is 71.1 ...Pubg average fps 84.8 ( on low medium settings) 
and cyberpunk average 99 fps ultra.I dont think this is normal for 6700XT

0 Likes

Yeah looks like we have the same problem. What have you done trying to fix the problem, bios/chipset update, windows reinstallation or any other thing? 

0 Likes

Run a game and post a screenshot of the Adrenaline performance metrics on full screen mode where we can see the usage of CPU and GPU.

0 Likes

Can't do that right now but what I have seen in Warzone is that the GPU utilization is very jumpy, CPU is around 40-60%. Getting on avg around 60-70 fps on avg which is much lower than the 100 avg fps from my rx 590. 

0 Likes

i cant seem to find vbios update on sapphire site...
thats what you mean?or motherboard bios?

0 Likes

the clocks are very jumpy indeed,not at all stable.

0 Likes

Yes motherboard bios, got recommended to update the bios and chipset by another person. Haven't tried it yet just wondered if you done it.

0 Likes

I tried from my Mobo program but it doesnt find updates.I looked at gigabyte site though and my bios are very old there are a lot newer i just have to install them manually one by one it said not to install just the latest one.And i havent done it manually and im a little afraid 

0 Likes

Look up a YT tutorial 

0 Likes

Do this to rule out things and also for other members to see when they search the forum. Update your bios and drivers if there's an update, although you think that probably.

1. Run a game in fullscreen, post screenshot of the CPU & GPU while you're in the game.

2. Do the same step as above, but uncap your frames in steam launcher, or any other launcher feom that game, and again post the screenshot.

We are trying to see any kind of bottleneck.

My 6800xt on 144Hz 1440p never went past 80% of utilization, the only way it reached 99% was if I uncapped my fps to unlimited.

This is a video of the benchmark with a 3080 and 2700x. As you can see the 3080 is stronger that the 6700x and still gets a 20 % increase.

https://youtu.be/jjr_i7MdXJ0

0 Likes