cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Thomas805
Journeyman III

Is Changing My Primary Display Possible

I've been using AMD's 5700xt, and using two monitors with it. Don't know how or why but suddenly the primary and secondary monitors changed. Meaning that in order to log into my computer I need to use my primary monitor (which is now switched) to do so as the other monitor will be black. Additionally, this brings the issue of all of my icons seemingly being moved to the other monitor.

I'm using an HDMI cord to one of my HDMI monitors and an adaptor Digital Port to HDMI to my other HDMI monitor.

When ever windows detects my second monitor it immediately makes it Display 1 (primary monitor) and my first monitor Display 2. Is there a way to change these displays around.

This whole conundrum is confusing so if you have any questions please let me know; I don't want confusion to ward off help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Thomas805
Journeyman III

Don't know why it took this long to find a solution online but I'll just leave this post here if anyone else made the same mistakes.

Found solution here 

Bassically just right click background select Display Settings then Select Identify.

Click on the square box that corresponds to the monitor you want to be primary. Scroll down and that grey box that says "Make this my main display" should be clickable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Thomas805
Journeyman III

Don't know why it took this long to find a solution online but I'll just leave this post here if anyone else made the same mistakes.

Found solution here 

Bassically just right click background select Display Settings then Select Identify.

Click on the square box that corresponds to the monitor you want to be primary. Scroll down and that grey box that says "Make this my main display" should be clickable.

0 Likes