cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

buzz74
Adept I

iRacing VR performance 6800XT

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to successfully run iRacing in VR on a 6800xt.

Ive just upgraded from a RTX 2080 FE to a 6800xt and iRacing is almost unplayable (CPU i7 9700k). Whilst I realise iRacing support of SPS was giving me quite a performance boost i never thought a 6800xt wouldn't be able to run iRacing in VR. Even at 60hz with a SteamVR render resolution of 50% on a HP Reverb G2 the 6800xt is unable to keep up and maintain stutter free performance. As it stands not a single VR sim racer in the iRacing community can be advised to purchase a 6800xt. Since 2018 Ive been running at 90hz and 70% SteamVR render resolution on the old RTX 2080 and it was always smooth.

4 Replies
Maliki2
Adept I

Having the same exact problem with Iracing with my 6700xt. I went from a 5700xt to a 6700xt and FPS dropped to almost unplayable. Any ideas?

0 Likes
pabulum
Adept I

Same problem here. I can't enable sps

0 Likes
rh1nocz
Adept I

I'am somehow pretty sure that iracing is really cpu heavy, in these types of scenerios i got much much better frame pacing from increasing minimal gpu clock in Amd radeon sw to about 100 mhz under max clock. Pubg was almost unplayable without this quick tweak.

0 Likes

Hi,

Is this an option in Radeon Software, how much did it help? I struggle to get more than 50% utilization. CPU is a 5900X

0 Likes