cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Fjordring
Journeyman III

Intermittent fps drops

Recently was able to upgrade to the 6800xt and was super stoked. Swapped from an a nvidia 2700s.

Since making the change I’ve had a reoccurring problem with any game that I’m playing in windowed mode where suddenly it becomes sluggish after going through some kind of loading screen or auto save. If I close and relaunch the game it still stutters. If I go full screen it runs fine.  
 If this happens I can swap to another game after force closing and the issue may not occur in the new game.   
Putting the computer to sleep or restarting resolves the system wide fps drop but for the life of me I cannot figure out what to do to fix this. The temporary fix of having to restart my computer and then relaunch a game is annoying. I’ve tried reinstalling graphic drivers. And verifying updates, I’ve also made sure to disable free sync as I’d seen some complaints about that on other posts causing fps drops .

I’ve launched task manger and despite getting literally only 2 frames the entire system looks fine on resource use. 
The last of note thing is that I’ll notice when closing the game out my cursor will bug out and look as if it’s still partially in game unless pressing the windows key where I can sleep/restart without fps issues. 

On windows 10 latest update. 
16gb ram.  

0 Likes
2 Replies

Supplying full system specs (as per required) might help, then someone may be able to offer suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I provided major components but right.
Windows 10: 10.0.19403
Mobo: x4070 Aorus Ultragaming
Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 X 8 core 
Ram: 2x8 GB ddr4
GPU Rx6800 xt 16 GB 
AMD Drivers up to date as of 9/26/22  22.9.1

Let me know if I need to include anything else

0 Likes