cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jony79
Adept I

Incompatibility between RX 6700 and Samsung Monitors using DP adapter

I recently bought an RX 6700 with 3 DP output and 1 HDMI, when I connect my monitors through the DP using DP to HDMI adapters, the graphic card doesn't recognize the monitor, I tried with different Samsung monitors and different DP adapters, and nothing happened, but when I connect an LG or HP monitor all works perfectly, and the Samsung monitors work perfectly with the DP adapters on a GTX 2080 SUPER. I guess there is some kind of incompatibility between this graphic card and Samsung monitors, I would like to know if someone has the same issue and if was able to fix it, how did it.

0 Likes
6 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

I have seen people having issues with adapters before, so this is unlikely an uncommon thing. I really don't see other options than using GPU-cable-monitor -combination, that doesn't require adapters.

While I have never upgraded firmware of a monitor myself, I have heard such thing exists. You could perhaps contact Samsung and ask?

0 Likes

I contacted Samsung's support center, and they told me that this is the first time someone has complained about it and they didn't offer me a solution. I delivered the board to the shop where I bought and they told me that the graphic card works perfectly but offered to change it to another brand, I'm not sure what to do because the 6700 is a really good chip against the options that they offered me, for the same amount. (1660 Super)

0 Likes

Do you have more than one monitor connected to a single cable adapter (multiple monitors share one GPU output) or one adapter per monitor? If you only have two monitors, connect one with HDMI cable and one with DP-adapter-to-HDMI

Try disabling freesync and variable refreshrate if they are enabled and also try running monitors at lower refreshrate and/or resolution.

0 Likes

Hi, I have four monitors connected, one to the HDMI port, and the other three connected to each DP through a DP-To-HDMI adapter, two of these adapters are equal (not 4k compatible), and one is a 4k adapter. I reset to the factory values and changed every setting on the monitor that I could, but nothing happened. I can't change the monitor resolution or rate, because windows never detect the monitors

0 Likes

What is the Make & Model of your DP-HDMI adapter? is it a "ACTIVE" or "Passive" adapter? Active adapter have a higher compatibility rate then the Passive types.

What are the Make & Models of the Samsung Monitors and how are they all connected? HDMI?

NOTE: All adapters have a limit as to the Resolution/Hz it will support. So does you adapter support your Samsung Resolution and Frequencies?

Here is an Active DP-HDMI Active adapter for UHD output from Amazon as an example only: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DisplayPort-Supports-displays-3840x2160/dp/B00S0C7QO8

About this item

• DISPLAYPORT TO HDMI ADAPTER- Converts a DisplayPort output on your laptop or desktop to HDMI for easy connection to an HDMI capable display, monitor, or HDTV
  • SUPPORTED RESOLUTIONS - Supports HDMI displays up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz (4K) resolution
  • STANDARDS - VESA (DisplayPort) certified. Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards. AMD Eyefinity compatible
  • Will convert from DisplayPort on computer to HDMI on monitor only. Not bidirectional and not compatible with gaming consoles, DVD/BluRay players, or USB ports. Note your source and display both need to support the desired resolution
  • 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support

Also how many monitors do you have connected to your GPU card?

What software app are you using to connect all of your monitors? Eyefinity or Windows?

0 Likes

Honestly, I don't know what the brand or model of the DP port adapters is, and also, I don't know if they are active or passive. The only thing that I know is that all work with LG monitors or HP, and one of them is 4k compatible, so allows me to up the monitor rate to 75hz (max refresh rate). The monitors models are one S22F350 and four LF24T350, no matter what monitor or adapter I use, the result doesn't change. I tried to use the windows driver, the graphic card brand drivers (PowerColor), and the last version of Catalyst, and I got the same result.
I gave back the graphic card to the store, and the seller will give me back my money