cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

inaccesible boot device after updating to Adrenalin 22.11.1 Optional

so i have updated the latest ms patch, KB19579 - idk the exact numbers cause my pc loops with that bsod and after that i updated to Stupidalin 22.11.1, reboot once and bam, inaccesible boot device.

Now idk who's to blame, ms or amd but thank you both for this. FFS........

0 Likes
1 Solution

oi, i installed the latest win11 version, 22H2 whatever and everything went smooth. 22.11.2  installed without issues. weird, never encountered this boot error, i guess it was something between 22.11.1 and 21H...? i did a system restore and without 22.11.1 it worked again but every time i tried to install 22.11.1, no matter what i did, i got the boot error. i mean all i did was click factory reset and keep user settings like i always do. well i guess it doesn't matter now

anyway on 22H2 vers 22621.900 with all updates, 22.11.2 works flawlessly.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Well... if you are crash with BSOD after Windows update (and you mentioned it as KB yourself), i guess it is more of Microsoft fault there. BSODs during updats are extremely dangerous as they can corrupt system files easily. Up to windows reserved boot sector. 

Try reinstalling or reparing Windows from flash drive? 

its no KB bb gg or whatever. its 22.11.1's faullt. sny other version is fine. the moment i install 22..11.1, bsod. ms is fine.ffs

0 Likes

Sounds like the Windows Boot manager got corrupted as mentioned by the other User.

If you have Windows10/11 restart your PC 3 times right before it starts loading windows. By the third time Windows will try to diagnosis the computer and then take you to Windows Troubleshooting Menu.

Once there click on Windows Startup issues and hopefully afterwards you will be able to boot into Windows again.

If that doesn't work then do the same method to get back to the Troubleshooting Menu and click on either restoring your computer to an earlier period before all the mess started or do a System Backup restore.

If the Restore point doesn't fix the problem then you will need to do a fresh install of Windows or restore a System Backup you might have.

NOTE: as mentioned before you can also use a Windows Installation Flash drive or DVD to get to the Troubleshooting menu or to do a fresh install of Windows if everything else fails.

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I had to run the amd uninstaller to clear out the initial install and then come back and reinstall 22.11.1 in order to get it working right.  It corrupted my icons on the desktop, start menu and taskbar the first time around but the clean install seems to be working right.

cmacclel
Journeyman III

Yup same here. Just bought a Asus G15 AMD and happened twice now. I did a reinstall then updated everything. Once I installed 22.11.1.....rebooted.......AGAIN "inaccessible boot device" I did another hard reset!

exactly. it happens only with 22.11.1

AMD, what are you doing?

0 Likes
Aruzai
Journeyman III

Im glad that I found this post just the day that something weird did happen to me.

Yesterday I had to update Adrenaline to 22.11.1 in order to play MW2. It did, all went well, played it for a couple of hours, had a blast, watched some YouTube, turned the pc off and went to bed. 
Today, after a long day, wishing to get home and play a bit, I press the Power Button and nothing happens, only a faint click from my PSU. After some time and searching online for troubleshooting I came to the conclusion that it’s an issue with my GPU, as the PC starts if the GPU isn’t connected. I was wondering if anyone else (ever) had this issue with this, or some other, driver update? 

as the PC starts if the GPU isn’t connected

Well, for my system, mobo will send sound signal of error if i start PC without turning monitor on. Basically it will mean "no image output", and system still boots fine, i can just enable monitor at any time later, but it is still wort noting. Connection through DP

Tips to fix-

Solution 1: Uninstall the Recently Installed Packages

Solution 2: Update Your Drivers

Solution 3: Toggle AHCI Mode Value in BIOS to Enabled

Solution 4: Get Rid of “Update Pending” Packages

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

oi, i installed the latest win11 version, 22H2 whatever and everything went smooth. 22.11.2  installed without issues. weird, never encountered this boot error, i guess it was something between 22.11.1 and 21H...? i did a system restore and without 22.11.1 it worked again but every time i tried to install 22.11.1, no matter what i did, i got the boot error. i mean all i did was click factory reset and keep user settings like i always do. well i guess it doesn't matter now

anyway on 22H2 vers 22621.900 with all updates, 22.11.2 works flawlessly.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯