cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vitros_malo
Journeyman III

iMac - GPU Pro: 5500 XT vs 5700 vs 5700 XT

Hello. I am thinking of acquiring an iMac 27 "2020, I want to play the Euro Truck Simulator 2 game from Windows 10 open with Boot Camp, the game with the screen resolution and graphics quality settings adjusted to always have a smooth and constant 60 FPS, without Lagueos, connected to a LG 43UJ760V TV through the Thunderbolt 3 output, which is the best graphic among these 3 possibilities that Apple offers?

Pro 5500 XT 8GB - Pro 5700 8GB - Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Which has better performance for ETS2 60 FPS fluid? If the Pro 5700 XT is chosen, is there much difference with the other 2 graphics? Would it be worth paying more in terms of performance-price? Or is the performance low compared to the larger price difference?

I would like to achieve 4K resolution and graphics quality as much as possible, although the most important thing is the fluidity of FPS at 60 constantly, without lagging as I said above. Also I will stream with OBS Studio in 1080 60 FPS.

I am aware that iMac are not the most appropriate computers for gaming but I feel more comfortable with these computers than with others.

Greetings.

0 Likes
9 Replies
fsadough

The GPUs you mentioned are Professional GPUs and not designed / meant for gaming, although it does not stop you playing games. The GPU drivers are optimized for professional applications and not for gaming. Hence, no game application has been tested on those GPUs.

• What exactly do you mean by "which is the best graphic among these 3 possibilities that Apple offers?"
  • What are you referring to as best graphic
0 Likes

Thanks for answering.

I am aware that the Pro are not the correct ones for games but as I said I do not want to be with another computer that is not an iMac, since with PC I am not comfortable, I have had several, recently 2 mounted by new components, the 1st With CPU 5 3600 and GPU RX 5700 XT, 2nd CPU 9 3900 X and GPU RTX 3080, right now disassembled and selling the components, with Windows I always have problems, always, always there is something that I have to be repairing to get it back everything works as it should, and I don't feel like every 2 x 3 solving problems. Although there will be Windows in the iMac when I exit Windows I am again in iMac, I only enter Windows to play Euro Truck Simulator.

I repeat, I don't like the Windows environment, I don't feel comfortable at all.

The question is, which of the 3 graphics that can be configured currently in iMac is the best to play at 60 FPS smoothly, without lags, and with the highest resolution and quality of the game. I repeat, I am aware that the components sold for PC are better, but if I can avoid ending up on PC I avoid it even if I lose quality in the game.

Thanks again for responding.

0 Likes

fsadough thanks for the link you have provided. According to the data in the article, the best graphic is the 5700 XT, but is the difference in performance worth paying more? I do not know how much will be the difference in the quality of the game in 4K resolution, the 4 levels of quality of the game are: 1 Low, 2 Medium, 3 High, 4 Ultra, if for example with the 5700 the maximum level is low so that it goes smooth 60 FPS and with the 5700 XT it is Ultra then it is worth it, but if the level is Medium it is not worth it.

Do you think the 5700 XT is going to have much better performance than the 5700 ???

0 Likes

Do you think the 5700 XT is going to have much better performance than the 5700 ???

Yes.

• You have 16GB GDDR6 vs 8GB GDDR6
  • 2560 SP vs 2304 SP
0 Likes

In theory I know it is more powerful, but is it worth paying the difference of € 575?

Is Euro Truck Simulator 2 game optimized for this graphics card to play in 4K?

Currently I have a 2017 iMac with i5 7600K, 24 RAM at 2400 MHz, and Pro 580 graphics, I have to play at 2K high level and SSAO and antialiasing disabled, it is "stable" at 60FPS.

With the previous iMac from 2019 with i9 9900K, 32 RAM at 2666 MHz, and Pro 580 X graphics, I played in 4K, ULTRA, SSAO and antialiasing activated, but the 60 FPS was not stable.

I am inquiring on the forums of SCS, the creators of the game, and they tell me that the game is not optimized for some current components. It is a dilemma to find the best components to play in 4K in the highest possible quality at 60 FPS stable in game and stream.

0 Likes

In theory I know it is more powerful, but is it worth paying the difference of € 575?

[AMD]: This is what you need to decide

Is Euro Truck Simulator 2 game optimized for this graphics card to play in 4K?

[AMD]: As I mentioned before the Pro Graphics are not optimized for gaming

0 Likes
adinike
Journeyman III

Hey dude, not sure if you’ve got a satisfactory reply, but check this link out on their comparisons based on gaming.

https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-Pro-5700-vs-Radeon-Pro-5500-XT

https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-Pro-5700-XT-vs-Radeon-Pro-5700

It would seem that the difference between the 5700 and the XT version is REALLY minute. Definitely would edge above 5500xt but just the 5700 would’ve sufficed. Disclaimer: am not a technical expert and was searching for the exact same query as you as I’m deciding on which to buy. Chanced upon the above comparisons. 

jinji
Journeyman III

I'm also choosing and don't know what to choose 

0 Likes