cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sjung77677
Journeyman III

I want to undervolt my gpu but cant do so.. I cant see the radeon wattman settings in the radeon software as well .. I have lenovo y40-70 gpu ... video card R9 m275x gpu can anyone can help me??

I want to undervolt my gpu but cant do so.. I cant see the radeon wattman settings in the radeon software as well .. I have lenovo y40-70 gpu ... video card R9 m275x gpu can anyone can help me?? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

You won't be able to Overclock or Underclock Laptop's CPU or GPU. Laptops CPU/GPUs can't be adjusted in any ways due to Heat and Power requirements of the Laptop. That is why AMD doesn't include AMD Wattman or AMD Overdrive in Laptops.

0 Likes

Seems like you didnt understand the term " U-N-D-E-R-V-O-L-T" UNDERVOLT UNDERVOLT.. i can underclock my gpu using msi afterburner but cannot undervolt ... radeon wattman settings can be used for amd notebook gpus... i have seen it in amd r m335 series in youtube... if amd would release just undervolting option the heat would be much less and games would be playable... i can undervolt my cpu by the wat by intel XTU.. Can someone help me??

0 Likes

This from AMD Forum Moderator concerning Wattman in Laptops:

Re: GL702ZC - Wattman doesn't exist in drivers?

ray_m

Due to thermal issues, most laptops are not designed to support overclocking. Enabling Wattman on a laptop would enable BOTH under and overclocking, so it's disabled.

In case you don't understand THAT statement, Ray_m is saying since Wattman CAN be USED for OVERCLOCKING/UNDERCLOCKING even though you want to UNDERCLOCK it is DISABLED in Laptops. Overclocking and Underclocking involves changing CPU voltages.

0 Likes