cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

4nth0ny01
Journeyman III

I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve my PC build.

Hey Guys,

I'm a first-time visitor here, and I'm creating my own gaming PC. As you can see, I've decided on all of the components that are necessary for me to build my gaming PC. I'm not a Professional Gamer or an Expert in PC Hardware and Technology, to be precise. I used the PC Builder website to make this component list, which is quite wonderful, as well as my numerous relatives who have suggested it to me. So, now I'm here for an open suggestion about Is this PC Build Rig Efficient or Reliable? Or is there any product that I should change?

That's all I'm interested in finding out...So, please let me know what you think about it.

1. Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 12 Cores & 24 Threads Unlocked Desktop Processor Without Cooler ($531.52 @ Amazon US)

2. Motherboard: Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, on-Board WiFi 6 (802.11Ax), 2.5 Gbps LAN, USB 3.2, SATA, M.2, Node and Aura Sync RGB Lighting ($395.00 @ Amazon US)

3. CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,240mm,Dual ML120 PRO RGB PWM Fans, ($202.99 @ Amazon US)

4. Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh White Airflow ATX Mid-Tower with Polygonal Mesh Front Panel, Crystalline Tempered Glass, E-ATX up to 10.5", Three 120mm ARGB Fans & ARGB Lighting System ($119.99 @ Amazon US)

5. Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming, 12GB GDDR6, Dual-Fan, Metal Backplate ($879.99 @ Amazon US)

6. RAM: Thermaltake TOUGHRAM RGB DDR4 4400MHz 16GB (8GB x 2) 16.8 Million Color RGB Alexa/Razer Chroma/5V Motherboard Syncable RGB Memory ($205.99 @ Amazon US)

7. RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series, 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4-4800MHz Desktop Memory Model with CL18 ($482.00 @ Amazon US)

8. Storage: Samsung EVO 970 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2-2280 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology & 1024MB Cache ($178.89 @ Amazon US)

9. Case Cooler: Corsair Ql120 RGB, 120mm RGB LED Fan, Triple Pack with Lighting Node Core ($97.99 @ Amazon US)

10. Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 750, 80+ Gold Certified 750W Full Modular Power Supply ($107.99 @ Amazon US)

11. Monitor: Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor QHD (2560 x 1440) up to 155 Hz; 16:9; 1ms Response time; HDMI 2.0; DP 1.2; USB; FreeSync; LED ($403.47 @ Amazon US)

Total: $3,606

Generated by PC Builder on 3rd of January, 2022

0 Likes
1 Solution

Besides what was mentioned by upgrading the PSU I would also make sure the RAM you purchase are all from the same manufacturer and in a set and listed on your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM for your processor or at the manufacturer's QVL list for your RAM and motherboard.

The PSU is probably one of your most important hardware in your PC. So going cheap on a PSU will cause you issues eventually later on.

I would upgrade to at least a 850 Watt Gold or higher metal rated PSU so it will be futured proofed when you upgrade the GPU or CPU later on.

Otherwise you have some high quality hardware for your build that you have listed. Looks like a top-notched PC once you get everything working as a unit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
M_RAFFAY
Adept I

Get a better psu because it will be good for the future

If you can get an amd gpu because they are better than Nvidia

ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP

6 & 7. you don't run different make/speed/timings memory.

Check on the asus website for a one make compatible memory kit for your cpu/mobo combo.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Besides what was mentioned by upgrading the PSU I would also make sure the RAM you purchase are all from the same manufacturer and in a set and listed on your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM for your processor or at the manufacturer's QVL list for your RAM and motherboard.

The PSU is probably one of your most important hardware in your PC. So going cheap on a PSU will cause you issues eventually later on.

I would upgrade to at least a 850 Watt Gold or higher metal rated PSU so it will be futured proofed when you upgrade the GPU or CPU later on.

Otherwise you have some high quality hardware for your build that you have listed. Looks like a top-notched PC once you get everything working as a unit.

enragedn3wb
Adept II

That CPU is going to be overkill if a gaming PC is your goal. I would drop it down to a 5800X at most & try for a better GPU if you can manage to get one. This looks more like a workstation currently with a higher end CPU & a much lower end GPU.