cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lunacity
Newcomer

I have the firepro m8900, Should i use the actual m8900 drivers or Amd HD 6970M drivers.

I have a dell m6600 with a Firepro m8900 gpu, im only going to be using it for gaming. should i use the actual m8900 drivers, or Amd HD 6970M drivers?

0 Likes
1 Reply

I would install DELL's AMD FIREPRO Driver even if it is very Out-Dated just to make sure everything works correctly with Dell's AMD Driver: Support for Precision M6600 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US 

Since you have an Intel APU Processor, The Intel Graphics Driver must be the latest version. Also you have a Urgent BIOS update. Make sure this is the exact same Laptop model you have before updating the BIOS.

Your FirePro M8900M is not supported with AMD driver updates anymore. Plus there are no Windows 10 drivers in case you have Windows 10 installed.

Here are the last drivers for your Mobile FirePro Laptop AMD driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/mobile-platforms/firepro-mobility-series/firepr... 

NOTE:  Why do you believe that the HD6970M driver would be compatible with the FirePro?

0 Likes