cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sathu_7953
Journeyman III

I have Radeon 530 graphics but it shows I have R7 M460 graphics(after updating the driver on 17-6-2020)..I have HP Pavillion desktop which I brought 2 years ago..

Please help me with this problem->

I have Radeon 530 graphics but it shows I have R7 M460 graphics(after updating the driver on 17-6-2020)..I have HP Pavillion desktop which I brought 2 years ago..

0 Likes
13 Replies

If this is a laptop and you updated the AMD Driver from AMD download website than that is normal. Most of the time AMD generic driver will show the familiy series or different model rather then the exact GPU model you have installed. But the AMD Driver will be compatible never the less and should work normally.

This explains what I am talking about: AMD Radeon 530 GPU - Benchmarks and Specs - NotebookCheck.net Tech 

AMD Radeon 530

The Radeon 530 is a dedicated entry-level graphics card for laptops that was released in 2017. According to AMD, there are several different versions with 384 or 320 shader units and DDR3 or GDDR5 64-bit graphics memory. However, they are not based on one of the newer RX series Polaris chips, but most likely using the same architecture as the Radeon R7 M445 / M440 / M340 / M260 / 8650M / 8590M (384 shader units, 28 nm GCN) and M430 / M330 / M230 (320 shader units, 28 nm Sun GCN). AMD claims that the clock speed of the Radeon 530 can reach 1,024 MHz.

Also

AMD Radeon R7 M460

The AMD Radeon R7 M460 is an entry level graphics card for laptops. It was announced in the Lenovo Yoga 510 (15-inch-model) in early 2016. The technical details are more or less identical to the older Radeon R7 M360 (see for benchmarks). Only the core speed was increased  slightly by 8 MHz in our test sample.

ManufacturerAMD
Radeon R7 M400 Series
Radeon R7 M445 compare320 @ 920 MHz64 Bit @ 2000 MHz
Radeon R7 M460384 @ 984 MHz64 Bit @ 2000 MHz
Radeon R7 M440 compare320 @ 1021 MHz64 Bit @ 2000 MHz

You need to use HP's own AMD Driver for our laptop GPU to recognized correctly since HP AMD Graphic driver is 100% compatible and customized to use all the features in your laptop.

The Radeon 530 is a laptop GPU not a desktop GPU.

0 Likes
sathu_7953
Journeyman III

Thanks for the info!But this HP desktop model has Radeon 530 GPU(HP Pavilion 24-qa157in All-in-One)...So does this hinder performance or does it cause me any technical issues?It is showing other GPU name when I installed the Adrenalin Software...I also dont have my original driver...In device manager it is showing the driver as R7 M460..So what should I do?Please help me with this..Thanks!

0 Likes

All-in-One Desktop is similar to a laptop in the respect everything is confined in a very small space or computer case.

Here is HP Support download page for your AIO PC: HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-qa157in Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

I suggest you update your PC BIOS to the latest version. Not sure which one applies to your specific AIO:

If your AIO has an AMD Processor than install the APU Driver which will also install the Radeon 530 Driver.

If it has an Intel APU then install the latest Intel Graphic driver:

If your AIO has an Intel APU then this is the AMD Driver for your Radeon 530:

Make sure to update your AIO CHIPSET Drivers also:

Once you post your AIO Processor if it is an AMD APU (Processor with Integrated Grahics) then I might be able to direct you to the correct driver for both your processor and 530 GPU card.

If you have an Intel APU then you must update all of the Intel Drivers to the latest version and make sure Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

If you not sure the exact HP AIO you have then I suggest you contact HP Support.

NOTE: Even though AMD generic driver is not showing the exact GPU model you have installed, it is compatible and will work just the same. If you install HP AIO AMD Driver then it will show the correct GPU model you have installed.

0 Likes

I have Intel APU..So what do you recommend me to do?BTW Thank You very much!

0 Likes

Update all of your Intel Drivers especially the Intel Graphics and Chipset driver. Download and use Intel's own Driver Updater from here: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant . AMD driver needs to have the latest Intel Graphics driver to work correctly. At least in laptops.

Or download and install HP Intel Graphics driver for Windows version 1909 from 11/04/19 from above link if Intel Driver updater doesn't find a newer one than HP's.

Also make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Sometimes the latest AMD Drivers needs the latest Windows updates to work correctly.

Once you have all the Intel Drivers updated. Now try installing the latest AMD Driver version and see if your computer is working normally or correct with the latest AMD driver installed. Ignore the AMD GPU model and just make sure everything is working the way it should.

Use this basic method to remove and install your AMD driver:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

If your computer is working fine with the latest AMD Driver, except possibly the GPU model is not the exact model, then you are good to go.

BUT if for some reason the latest AMD generic driver is not working correctly then download and install HP own AMD Driver and see if your PC now works fine or not.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for helping me!!

0 Likes

When I downloaded the Radeon Graphics Driver is saying this software is saying it does not support..What should I do now?Please help me..

0 Likes

which Radeon Graphic driver did you download from? HP or AMD?

0 Likes

From HP..

0 Likes

Radeon530..

If I download adrenaline it shows Radeon R7 M460..

0 Likes

So what should I do know? Please help me with this issue(Even if updated the Chipsets)...

0 Likes

Did you find a solution to your problem?

0 Likes

It is normal. The chip used on these entry level models are the same as in the laptop gpus. So it gets detected as the laptop model.

0 Likes