cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

joncolinleonard
Journeyman III

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4250 (PCI\VEN_1002) I want to Upgrade

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4250 (PCI\VEN_1002) in a dedicated Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), which is in a desktop PC case. It has DVI, HDMI, and VGA I/O's, but I want to upgrade to a card that has at least two HDMI I/O's to run my LG Ultrawide monitors. I would like to be able to remove the old card and drop in the new card without a lot of trouble. Which cards should I consider? Also, how much trouble is it to replace the graphics card in a desktop PC?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: I have an ATI Radeon HD 4250 (PCI\VEN_1002) I want to Upgrade

If the rest of your system is of the same age as your card, I would recommend upgrading the entire system as new video cards can have issues with old, non UEFI systems.

joncolinleonard
Journeyman III

Many thanks Black Zion. You are correct. It's hard to believe that the system is nearly 9 years old. I can limp along on the DVI or HDMI + VGA to HDMI adapter for a while as I contemplate building out a "modern" system.

0 Likes

Well there's something to think about, and that's upgrading to a new Ryzen 2200g based system since you don't have the largest of requirements. Boards such as the ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX/AC ($120), and a Ryzen 2200g ($92), talking under $500 for a brand new Windows 10 system.

0 Likes