cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

robin3185
Journeyman III

I have an AMD 15DD graphics card; trying to install a 3rd monitor.

Hi, I'm a complete beginner to these things so please bear with me.

I bought a PC and it's come with an AMD 15DD graphics card; I currently have 2 monitors set up (one going into the VGA port and the other going into the HDMI port).

I have a 3rd monitor and have just bought an HDMI splitter which will be arriving tomorrow. Will this allow 3 monitors to be displayed fine?

I did try hooking the new monitor up to another monitor but that didn't work.

I've been trying to find out whether this graphics card will be able to take on 3 monitors but I can't find an answer on that anywhere. Could anyone tell me please?

Just FYI, I'm not gaming - it's just for work, so nothing high performance is going on with the 3 monitors.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Need more information on your computer setup.

You can download free program called SPECCY to show all the hardware and software your computer has installed. Then download a free program called GPU-Z which gives you all the specs for your GPU card.

Once I know exactly which GPU card or iGPU you are using I may be able to offer some basic help. 

Most AMD GPU cards will support 3 monitors or more. Using DP version 1.2 you can connect more than two or more monitors.

So need to know what Video outputs you have available on your motherboard or GPU card and what adapters, if applicable, you are using to connect all three monitors. Also what type of video connection (HDMI, DP, VGA,DVI) each monitor has and resolutions.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks a lot for your response. I downloaded those two programs and have attached some screenshots of what the results were.

Thanks again, hopefully this is helps.

SPECCY:
GCSpecs.JPG

GPU-Z:

GC.JPG

Sensors.JPG

Advanced.JPG

0 Likes

That helps a little. Seems like you have a Raven Ridge Laptop or Desktop APU with two HP monitors.

What are the video outputs from your HP Laptop or Desktop computer? (HDMI, VGA, DP, or DVI).  Can you show an image showing the HP Laptop Computer model or desktop motherboard using Speccy?

The HPfw has only two video inputs - HDMI and VGA while the HP24y has three video inputs - HDMI, VGA, & DVI-D.

Does your laptop or Desktop have a DP video output?  Generally you need a DP Video output with a HDMI or DVI output to be able to connect three monitors.

Found this previous Thread where AMD employee at Reddit states that Mobile Raven Ridge APU supports 4 monitors while the Desktop Raven Ridge APU supports only 3 monitors: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/89ak26/2400g_4_displays_via_hdmi_displayport_with_mst_hub/ 

That is why I need to know what Video Outputs your computer has.

0 Likes