cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sagamore9
Journeyman III

I have a radeon VII and after updating to 12.3 I pressed clone display and had a hard time getting it back to my seperate displays, this seems to have precipitated my problems. I have a triple screen setup on DVI cables and a desktop screen on hdmi, in or

I have a radeon VII and after updating to 12.3 I pressed clone display and had a hard time getting it back to my seperate displays, this seems to have precipitated my problems. I have a triple screen setup on DVI cables and a desktop screen on hdmi, in order to use eyefinity for my games I unplug the desktop screen and can span the triples fine. But now after I unplug the desktop screen it causes 2 of my triples to not be detected and now can only play on 1 display. I have done everything I can think of to reverting back to last known good drivers. Short of a clean install of windows I'm stuck.

0 Likes
1 Reply
khun_doug
Elite

So the easiest way to resolve this is go to the simplest setup and move forward. I always approach these things as though it were happening to me, and what I would do to resolve it.

First, I would disconnect all but one of the displays. Download the latest version of DDU, boot into Safe Mode, use DDU to clean the machine, and reboot. Then install Adrenalin and get the one display you have connected working properly.

Next I would add just one more display. Using Windows you should be setup the displays correctly. Once you have that done, then add the third display, and repeat the process.

Eventually you should be able to get all your displays reconnected as you want. The trick is to make the process as uncomplicated as possible. And using this method, you will be able to determine at what point the process fails, and then resolve that, provided it does fail.

0 Likes