cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

madsm
Journeyman III

I have a MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Pro 5500m GPU. I am not able to choose this GPU for cycles rendering in Blender 2.83 and 2.83.5. Further, I am not able to alternatively install AMD ProRender as add-on to Blender. I have macOS Catalina version10.15.6 (19G

I have a MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Pro 5500m GPU. I am not able to choose this GPU for cycles rendering in Blender 2.83 and 2.83.5. Further, I am not able to alternatively install AMD ProRender as add-on to Blender. I have macOS Catalina version10.15.6 (19G2021). How can I make GPU cycles rendering in Blender with these features?

0 Likes
2 Replies

You can add to a couple of threads at ProRender Blender Forum that seems to be similar or the same issue you are having from here: Blender 

0 Likes
kerbacho
Adept I

Cycles gpu rendering does not work in mac os Catalina, because Apple and Blender too, ditched the Open Cl support for Mac OS! 
I have the same macbook pro and I use Windows for gpu rendering with Cycles!

To install the radeon pro Renderer you just have to download the zip file, go inside the Blender Settings, open the Add-On Tab and click on install on the top right corner! In the Blender File Browser just select the downloaded zip file and click on open! That should work!