i had strange issue with my gpu

AMD R9 280x

i7 4770 k

Desktop pc

windows 10

driver : newest

8 gb ram

620 psu

so IF IF IF im playing a game suddenly there a pop up massage box about like canon survey program and others

so i check it with ALT + TAB to see from game to desktop so then i close the massage box about the canon survey program

when im back again to game wtih ALT+TAB my FPS suddenly drop to 20, wahts happen ???

im trying to restar pc uninstall driver the problem still not fixed.

the only way to fix are reseated my VGA card and the problem fixed.

the questions i want ask are why if im playing game the FPS will drop if there are massage box appear like canon survey, video downloader update and everything massage box.

if there no massage box abaout update some program my game fine, BUT in the middle of gmae if there sometime some program need update and show massage box in desktop my FPS will drop to 20.

0 Likes
14 Replies

You may have a malware installed.

Download Malwarebytes and install it. It has a free version that works just as well as the paid version. Run it and see if it spots any malware in your computer.

AMD Drivers doesn't have POP-UPS advertising anything especially Canon.

I'm going to guess the popups are from other software installed, and they just happen to pop up whilst playing a game (canon printer software and that sort of thing).

I think the new Windows Focus Assist settings should be able to be set to stop this happening while you are playing Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Focus Assist - YouTube  shown here (slightly different before the spring update I think). But I'd try turning off all the popups in the software you have.

Why it would cause the huge FPS drops until reseating though I have no idea, that's very odd

0 Likes

Those Pop-ups generally are caused by ADWARE that has infected your computer. You need to run Malwarebytes and see if it can locate the source of those Pop-ups and delete the program that is causing it. Or us SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY. Both are free to download and use. Later on you can alway uninstall those programs. Also use your Anti-Virus to scan your computer.

I would take care of Pop-up ADWARE virus first, then later try to find out why the FPS drop occurs. 

This is happen again, suddenley there are massage box when im playing game.

The massage box from wechatmassanger.

I use alt + tab to check massage to windows, and back to.game again using alt + tab, my fpa drop again from 90 to 30.

Its so strange.

Restart my pc dosent work.

The only work is reseates my gpu to my motherboard.

There are simple way to fix my problem without reseated my gpu ?

0 Likes
hendry9
Adept II

First i want to say thanks to all answer

But this issue more complex, its no about malware.

If about malware i never create this thread.

Because thats easy problem to resolve.

This the massage when i talk in discord with AMD tech support :

it's not from articles but I'm sure you can find plenty of bugs reports on reddit, I've personally had a similar issue as well on Vega FE, for some reason clocks and fps drop significantly and stay there but I just wiped the drivers with DDU, reinstalled and it seems to be fine now

what happens is, when notifications pop up, sometimes they just de-focus a window and it glitches out, doesn't recover.

The diference with me he succes unistall with DDU no needed reseated gpu to motherboard.

In my case i must reseated my gpu to motherboard.

0 Likes
hendry9
Adept II

This is happen again, suddenley there are massage box when im playing game.

The massage box from wechatmassanger.

I use alt + tab to check massage to windows, and back to.game again using alt + tab, my fpa drop again from 90 to 30.

Its so strange.

Restart my pc dosent work.

The only work is reseates my gpu to my motherboard.

There are simple way to fix my problem without reseated my gpu ?

0 Likes

This link may be of interest to you. If you have WeChat installed in your computer uninstall it and see if the pop-ups continue. If it does then you have a virus or Malware according to this link: https://malwareless.com/remove-wechat-malware/  and this link: Remove WeChat virus (Removal Guide) - Free Guide

0 Likes

Not working unistall it still my fps drop

From 90 to 30 fps within 1 minute.

0 Likes

I am wondering, maybe reseating the GPU is the only time that the PC's power is fully off and nothing supplying the card? if you turn off the power at the wall, turn off the PSU, unplug the kettle cord from the PSU, and wait 30 seconds, does that also return the framerate to normal?

I know it's not a fix, I am just wondering why reseating specifically removes the problem. It might also prevent you from having to undo your case all the time.

0 Likes

Sorry didnt work

The only way to fix are reseated my gpu to motherboard.

But why must reseated my gpu to back my FPS normal again ??????

0 Likes

You have malware on your system that is generating that popups.

No amount of troubleshooting advice will help until you resolve that issue first.

OMG its not about malware

The massage box its official massage like

From IDM newupdate, canon INK status.

And im already using spybot search and destroy. And no virus or malware found in my pc.

0 Likes

Sorry every malwarebyte software i download

Didnt work

0 Likes