cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

I cannot play with my RX 5700 XT (continuous crashes)

I bought this card in December, replacing my GTX 970. Since then I have had many crashes on different games (PUBG, SW Battlefront 2, Sea of Thieves, Overwatch ...), I have tried with all the recommended old drivers including the latest (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2) the optional ones (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 Optional). 

I tried both undervolting and underclocking, reinstalling windows, always installing drivers in safe mode, turning off everything including Freesync and nothing, nothing worked.
I am now playing Overwatch competitive and have been banned multiple times thanks to the crashes! 

With updated drivers 20.8.1 the radeon software gives me this error when I crash: Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure.

The only parameter I have changed now is the fan speed.
The temperatures are stable and never exceed 70 ° / 75 °. I don't have any other special software running in the background when I play.
I also tried with another PC even if with similar configuration to my current one and always crashing.

Crashes occur with sudden black screens and the monitor no longer finds the signal, the PC does not shut down and I am forced to a hard reset every time. I'm even thinking about dusting off my GTX 970 to play Overwatch competitive but this is insane! 

I don't want to waste money but I want to understand what the problem is and understand why after having wasted money and time I still can't play properly and what I have to do to solve (If is possible!)
(I apologize for my not perfect English.)

My PC Setting:

RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro+

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock)

AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8x2 3000 MHz

Samsung 970 EVO 120 GB

4 TB HDD Seagate barracuda

CORSAIR TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE

Cooler master masterbox td500 mesh

0 Likes
7 Replies
da_obst
Journeyman III

Since you've waited for over six months your only option is to ask for a RMA and get yourself a replacement. 
If the new one also doesn't work, sell it and buy something else. 

0 Likes
accn
Elite

Try using driver 19.7.5 and see if your pc is stable with it. Somehow my pc is stable with this driver. Yes, it has many other problems and some new games simply won't work with it, but with 19.7.5 I have no black screens or crashes, which makes me believe that the problem is still in amd software

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Reduce GPU power limit with WattMan. If you're getting improvements with this, you'd better get a new PSU.

0 Likes
ubronan
Adept II

What cpu are you running and is it overclocked or do you have cpu enhancement on in the bios if so turn it off and see what happens.

I have a 8700K with a 5700xt OC+ i constant had the same issues so i started to see if changes with hardware would solve the problem.

It turns out changing the memory speed did nothing fron deafult to the needed 3200 works 

But i found that the cpu all core enhancement making the cpu to run a max boost of 4.7 Ghz was the problem

So AMD has to fix alot more in this very buggy Adrenaline software 

0 Likes

With an Intel 8th generation k series processor and a z370 chipset mobo, the probability of failures is very low. I suggest that you use your system with factory settings (with mobo BIOS) for a while. If you still get errors, I think it would be better to look for the problem in the GPU or the PSU. Errors related to driver software do not usually become apparent in every game. The source of random errors is usually hardware.

I want to give additional information. Intel 8th generation processors need 1.33 vcore to reach 4.7Ghz. You need to make sure that the CPU vcore value in the games is not below this value.

0 Likes

There is nothing wrong with any of my hardware AT ALL this problem only occurs when i pull the nvidia card out and plug the 5700 xt in the system.

I have all A grade hardware and a overkill AX 1200 i psu in my system, all problems start when i put the Asrock 5700 XT OC+ in the system.

I could not even boot the system up had to clear my windows and had to reset the bios to basic.

That is not a good thing but a very bad thing, my mate uses a threadripper 3990wx and have tons of problems with the same AMD cards.

When i put any of my nvidia cards back in the system it runs like a charm.

It does not matter which one of the nvidia cards i use they all run perfect.

To be honest i am thinking about returning the card because of these idiot issues, even though nvidia cards are insanely overpriced its not something acceptable if you have to run a cpu and many others also their memory at stock if you paid a small fortune for fast hardware which is kinda intended to run at high speeds. 

Now the cpu runs about max 4,2 and good days 4.3 boost that is not why i bought this cpu for.

Its silly how many times i see all blaming parts which kinda are working fine and say buy a new psu ... cpu.. whatever.

If it worked before in a intel system then its fine the only time when you need to advise someone to change psu is when its underpowered or old.

Ofcourse when people buy a very cheap psu that is also often a issue but assuming that its needed is plain wrong.

So when i look at his parts i see all are enough to run the system flawless so its again a driver problem that i is the problem. Anyway going to put the gtx 1070ti back in when its not solved soon and send the card back as quick as possible. AMD needs to make more effort in solving this problems before releasing a new product.

0 Likes

I can understand the problems you are having. I suggest you return the GPU. If this is not possible, you should underclocking the GPU without undervolting for reducing the chance of problems. And do not install Radeon Software. Overvolting the GPU may also solve your GPU problem but this change may damage the GPU. And the GPU may not be covered by the warranty if any of the overvolting heated parts are damaged. Goodluck...

0 Likes