cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RxTokrat
Journeyman III

I can't open some old games on my rx 6900 xt card.

Hello. I can open the fifa 2007 game that I have been playing for a long time with a gtx 1080 card. But I can't open it on rx 6900 xt card. What could be the problem, does anyone have an idea?

0 Likes
1 Solution

To reach the graphic details available in new generation games. For example ray tracing. 1080 is still a very good card at 2k resolution, but it cannot respond to new generation technologies. So funny. The new generation cards cannot respond to the old ones. It's too bad that there is a choice between old or new.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

It could be a Direct X problem.  I still play some very old games like; Age Of Conquers Forgotten Empires, and I learned a long time ago that you need a couple of things installed for this to work properly.  First; Direct X 9 works even though the game originated around Direct X 6.  Second; may not be an issue on your game but, Net Framework XX.  I do know that with AOE you need Net Framework 1 installed.  I am running this game on 3 different Ryzen CPU's (4600H, 2700X, & 3900X) with these AMD GPU's; RX480, RX5700, and 5500M.  Anyway that is where I would start looking first Direct X.

I'm not familiar with fifa 2007.  I do know that some games are bundled with certain GPU's and the coding is perhaps altered and modified.  If this game was a bundled product with the Nvidia GTX 1080 it may have something to do with it.

Why did you upgrade the GTX 1080?  That was a heck of card; still is.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

To reach the graphic details available in new generation games. For example ray tracing. 1080 is still a very good card at 2k resolution, but it cannot respond to new generation technologies. So funny. The new generation cards cannot respond to the old ones. It's too bad that there is a choice between old or new.

0 Likes