cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

peacemaker2
Journeyman III

I can't enable Fluid Motion Feature on RX 5700XT.

I bought RX 5700XT yesterday and installed the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 Optional Version.

After then, I found that I can not enable Fluid Motion Feature.

I'd like to use it because it is very useful feature to movie fan.

And, I wonder that It(Fluid Motion) is not supported on RX 5700(XT)?

If then, how I can use fluid motion?

Please help me.

Thanks.

1 Solution
miklosh
Adept I

Bad news for everyone: Fluid Motion ASIC is removed from new AMD video cards. And 5700 does not support Fluid Motion at all.

Bad move, AMD. No more films/anime with smooth playback for yours customers. Shame.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
preed
Adept II

I very much enjoy Fluid Motion on the AMD GPU.

But if you visit Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Graphics | AMD  and scroll down to features. Fluid Motion is not listed. This might mean that the GPU does not have that technology.

If thats the case, I will not be upgrading into the the new gen of cards.

0 Likes

But VCE, UVD, OpenCL, and even OpenGL is not listed.

I think the list is simply unfinished?

miklosh
Adept I

Bad news for everyone: Fluid Motion ASIC is removed from new AMD video cards. And 5700 does not support Fluid Motion at all.

Bad move, AMD. No more films/anime with smooth playback for yours customers. Shame.

Is it reliable news?

Is it right AMD's official?

0 Likes

AMD has not offically said anything about. But normally, all technologies in a GPU are intergrated are normally listed in the the GPU information direct on the AMD website. Which is the link I provided.

It would be best if you can get a response from AMD directly. I would be interested to know what they say.

0 Likes
matxeon
Adept I

it's so sad to me too if amd really remove Fluid Motion feature, i'm just upgrading to RX 5700 XT with hope to enjoy that feature. i'm really hoping they will bring back that usefull feature

wlmqljj
Journeyman III

That's really a bad news.

fluid motion is really appealing to me. I bought vega56 for this purpose compared with 2060.

I wish AMD add this feature back in the future. And PLEASE DON'T STOP DEVELOPMENT ON THIS TECHNOLOGY.It's really helpful.

And I hope more frame-rate bit-depths and color-range will be supported.

THANKS

sujanbaruah
Journeyman III

I myself am using a R5 2600 system with 5700XT GPU. I am still able to use Video interpolation. I never knew this particular AMD feature ever existed so had been using 'Smooth Video Project' software for that amazing smooth video playback. You all should try it too.

Earlier there was a free version but nowadays its been removed by the Developer for some reason but if you can spend some money then it will be well worth spending. Or maybe find some old Free version installation file from googling around.

0 Likes

SVP or DmitriRender is nowhere near the hardware interpolation. Fluid motion is much faster, less artifacts, less "soap opera" effect.

If they drop this feature i have no reason to buy AMD anymore.

I am thinking of returning my 5700xt.So many problems and now no fluid motion.

I made a bad choice.