cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jpamayo
Adept I

I bought a XFX 6600xt and my computer keeps restarting

I have seen others also having restart issues with this GPU but I'm still not sure if it is my card or the drivers.

Like others I have formatted and reinstalled Windows 11 and am back at Windows 10Pro where I never had any issues with my old GPU. I'm at the point where my computer will just restart as soon as I sign into Windows. I have put in a ticket with XFX but not hear back yet. I am ready to return it and just keep my 5700 for now.

Any others have thoughts about this?

I have changed my sleep settings and not sure how to install WHQL GPU driver.

Should I just return it and be done with it?

Thanks!

Current Specs:

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard X570 Aorus Elite WIFI
RAM 32GB 3200
GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700
OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

0 Likes
1 Solution
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

If there is a problem exactly when you use the rx 6600 xt, return it under warranty, perhaps the video card got caught from a defective batch. As an option, try this video card (rx600xt) with friends or in a computer club, at the very least in a store where computer components are sold, if the problem repeats, apparently something is wrong. (alternatively, try this video card on the intel platform), there are cases when the same video card on different amd or intel platforms behave differently, I don't remember a video with a similar problem, but this is possible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

If there is a problem exactly when you use the rx 6600 xt, return it under warranty, perhaps the video card got caught from a defective batch. As an option, try this video card (rx600xt) with friends or in a computer club, at the very least in a store where computer components are sold, if the problem repeats, apparently something is wrong. (alternatively, try this video card on the intel platform), there are cases when the same video card on different amd or intel platforms behave differently, I don't remember a video with a similar problem, but this is possible.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the response. I ended up returning it.

0 Likes