cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

starlord
Newcomer

I am having frequent blue screen of death on my windows 10 Pro 64 bit system with error PSHED.DLL, ntoskrnl.exe, hll.dll and i have AMD radeon VII graphics

HI,

I am using AMD graphic card for AI development and gaming and I am facing frequent blue screen death on windows 10 PRO, due to AMD graphics card driver. Please help me I am AMD fan and I like to stick with AMD for long time. Due to blue screen of death issue I am not able to Make proper prototype. I am attaching my blue screen death logs bellow, and my system specs are as following:- 

CPU

Intel i9 9900K upto 5GHz (8 core, 16 thread)

CPU Cooler

Corsair H150i PRO RGB Liquid Cooler

Motherboard

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard

RAM

Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 16x1 GB

SSD

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD (upto 3400 MB/s)

HDD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD (upto 210 MB/s)

Graphics Card

Sapphire Radeon Vii 16Gb

Case

Corsair Crystal 460X RGB Cabinet

Power Supply

Corsair RM1000x Fully Modular PSU

DVD/Blu Ray

None

Extra Fans

None

Extra #1

None

Extra #2

None

OS

No OS/Windows 10 Trial

Software

None

Monitor

LG 24UD58

Keyboard

None

Mouse

None

Mousepad

None

0 Likes
7 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Maybe The operating system is damaged.
Try this command as administrator: sfc /scannow
Perform Windows Disk Error Checking for your existing disks.
In that:
Disk > Right Click > Properties > Tools > Check
As a last resort, clean Windows installation may be done.

0 Likes

According to the Bug Code in your BSOD.zip file 0x124 it seems to indicate a hardware issue as per Microsoft Support:Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs 

Here is an old (3 y/o) Microsoft Forum Thread with the same error and .dll involved: BSOD caused by hal.dll and ntoskernal.exe - Microsoft Community 

It mentions it could be hardware but also software related.

0 Likes

Also I would make sure you have the latest BIOS and Chip Set version for your motherboard: Support For MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | M... 

BIOS Version 7B17v15 (04/01/2019)

Intel Chipset Driver (05/08/2019) - Important to have the latest

Intel Management Driver (05/08/2019)

Intel VGA Driver (03/06/2019) - Important to have the latest

AMD Driver needs to have Windows completely updated via Windows Update plus all Intel Drivers updated to the latest versions. 

You also can open an Official AMD Support Service Request and ask them what they suggest from here: Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

Intel chipset driver does not contain any sys service files that could cause the system to make an error like this.
According to these hardwares, the services of AMD are atikmdag and atikmpad files. And no such problem was mentioned by subject owner. In addition, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR error is caused by low-voltage for Intel new generation processors. This error name was also not mentioned by subject owner. Also the subject owner is not using AMD Buldozer. Looking at mentioned these error messages , there is no information about the graphics card error. This means that the graphics card is probably not damaged, I think. 

0 Likes

I got the error from his posted .zip file.

That particular error which is the one he mentioned is indicated by Bug Code 0x124. Just posting what Microsoft explanation of that error is.

Also, the OP didn't post any errors indicating it was due to any AMD Drivers installed. He just mentions is due to the AMD Driver. Yet the only proof his did include doesn't have anything showing concerning AMD drivers.

At least in Laptops,  the latest AMD Drivers requires that the laptop have the latest Intel Graphics and Chip set installed for it to work properly. So I am assuming the same is true for Desktops. But this I am not certain of. But it still is best to have the latest Intel drivers installed.

If you say that particular error is due to low voltage on newer Intel Processors, than the problem is not with this GPU card or drivers rather with Intel hardware. Updating the Intel Graphics and Chip set may help alleviate this issue or bug code.

But the Radeon VII has been having issues with AMD Drivers in the past. But it is best, in my opinion, to try and eliminate hardware issues by doing hardware tests on the CPU, GPU, HDD/SSDs , and RAM Memory.

There is no problem with the graphics card. Either there is OC for the processor or the voltage is low. Thank you for explaining the error code. I didn't notice. I approached the problem with the faulty dll. Edit Note: The operating system may also be damaged because the processor voltages are changed by the BIOS.

Good point about Windows being corrupted or mis-configured settings in BIOS.