cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

domestos
Adept I

Huge lags/FPS drops with RX 6700 Xt Gigabyte Eagle

Hi. I have a trouble with my New RX 6700 xt GPU. First of all i had to flash bios to the latest version F2 from official gigabyte site to clocks work fine with full potential of voltage. After this i tested a few games. Below resault:

Witcher 3 - i can see a shuttering/FPS drops when junction temp is close 80C (77-79C). Above 82C game is smooth and FPS is stable without shuttering.

Hitman 3 - general game runs smooth and have stable FPS l, but sometimes i have huge FPS with a clock drop - junction temp is above 80C

Asssassin Creed Odyssey - I cant get gpu load in city to 100%. Games lags as hell. When i leave city GPU load is close 100% but after time im getting really huge **bleep**tering/lags - game is unplayable. Junction temp is below 80C.

I tried lots of oc settings. My actually manually OC setting: gpu min 2500-gpu max 2700. Power limit 0%, no memory oc, fans max 45%. With these setting Witcher runs the Best. I dont have idea what can i do more. I paid a lot for this GPU and i cant play without issues. Do You have any solution how to eliminate these FPS drops/shuttering? 

My settings

Adrenalin 21.3.1

GPU bios F2

Windows 10 64 bit

Ryzen 5 3600 @4,2 1.18v (Fortis 3)

Hyperx Predator @3733 cl 18-19-19-19-37

SilentiumPC PC l2 vero 600W

Msi b450 A-pro max

Armis Arx5 tg rgb

0 Likes
19 Replies
domestos
Adept I

Anybody can help? 

0 Likes

6700XT is a relatively recent release, it is possible to have a few minor (non-system-wrecking) bugs and glitches here and there for a couple months after launch. If the problem persists after 3-4 driver versions were changed, I would advise performing checks on the following (apart from GPU): see system events for WHEA errors (since your ram is 3733, your fclk must be 1866, which might be too high); see if your CPU is fine. 

0 Likes

RE:  it is possible to have a few minor (non-system-wrecking) bugs and glitches here and there for a couple months after launch.

In the case of the RX Vega 64 it was 3 years 8.5 months - it took the work on the RX5700XT to fix random blackscreening on RX Vega 64 Liquid, for example. 

In the case of the RX5700XT it was really bad for the first 8 months after launch, before most problems were fixed. 

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to fix the RX6000 series bugs. 

However "a couple of months after launch"  is likely way too optimistic.

0 Likes

Depends on the type of bug. Some should be fairly easy to fix, others require deep driver reconfiguration. Not that I'm a programmer myself, but understand some on-the-surface things. The fact that it took a new architecture introduction to fix smth. means it was probably a very in-depth glitch. Alternatively, AMD has a bunch of indians for a programmer team. 

0 Likes

I have the exact same issues, my pc is performing very bad. Under 60 fps on very high settings on apex legends, while I should get over 60fps. R6 siege is the only game that i can play above 60fps on max out settings. My benchmark score of my gpu resulted in 24% so it is really bad. Here is the benchmark score of my pc: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41478951
My bios is updated to the latest version, my video drivers are updated and it didn't help. All my MOBO drivers are installed.
I paid almost 1000 euros on this card so I really hope this gets fixed. It is a brand new pc so all the parts are new and should perfrom really good. It is just my gpu that gets bad scores.

My system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte radeon rx 6700xt eagle
MOBO: Msi mag tomahawk B550
RAM: hyperx kingston 2x 8g 3200 MHz
Storage: Kingston A2000 500g m.2 ssd
                Seagate 2tb hdd
PSU:  Sharkoon WPM Gold ZERO 750W

0 Likes

Try to flash a latest gpu bios from Gigabyte official site. It will be better performance, but still with throtting.

0 Likes

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics cards deliver serious 1440p gaming and ultra-high

0 Likes
Wildrage
Journeyman III

I had the exact same problem but solved it. The problem is that your clock speed is limited at 500 but the default is 2400. You can change this on the radeon software on the gpu tune tab. Copy these settings : https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/03/22/overclocking-amd-radeon-rx-6700-xt/ 
But dont overclock the memory and overclock the max speed not to 2800 but to 2400.

I hop this solves the problem.

Now that I think of it, I managed to get 500MHz bug myself early after getting my GPU, when I was still perusing through configuration utilities like MorePowerTool, and if you change stuff like core clocks or vram speeds, it locks into 500MHz peak and shows so in, for example, MSI Afterburner, without any probability of alteration. Not sure if it's some sort of defence mechanism or what. Resetting SPPT in MPT or clean driver reinstall solved this for me every time though. From this experience, I deduced that changing max power draw settings is fine, but altering clock speeds is a big no-no. Wonder if problematic BIOS may be the cause of some cards stuck at 500, especially non-reference models. 

0 Likes

Interesting you should say that. 

Sapphire Trixx used to be able to increase HBM frequenciy on R9 Fury X / Fury / Nano GPUs. 
Then AMD released a driver to prevent it. 
Result was if you ran Trixx and tried to overclock the HBM it completely downclocked the GPU clock frequency and the GPU performance very poor. 

Sounds like it is an AMD Driver defense mechanism,

0 Likes

Did you try install New drivers Adrenalin 21.3.2? I cant See any difference. I still have shuttering in games.. I think to gigabyte should relase New bios for rx 6700 xt eagle. Maybe wrong bios is the problem. 

0 Likes

Hello good, I have a gigabite rx 6700 xt and my problem is that in some games it does not give me more than 35 or 40%, and they still give me fps drops, taking into account that there is no type of bottleneck, someone save solve this problem

0 Likes

Hola bien, tengo un gigabite rx 6700 xt y mi problema es que en algunos juegos no me da más del 35 o 40%, y todavía me dan caídas de fps, teniendo en cuenta que no hay ningún tipo de cuello de botella, alguien ahorrar resolver este problema

0 Likes

Did someone found solution for FPS drops? I noticed also to my power consumption in max is close 180W. It should be above 200W i think. 

0 Likes

Same problem here. Since i have installed the 6700xt windows is buggy and games perform with 20 fps. After 3-6 times restarting its getting better and the gpu works fine again. But when restarting again windows takes a few minutes to boot up again and everything is lagging.

I have noticed some type of high usage in the task manager. Desktop window manager and Client server process takes up to 50% of the gpu usage. Even reinstalling drivers couldnt fix that issue.

0 Likes

Same problem here. Since i have installed the 6700xt windows is buggy and games perform with 20 fps. After 3-6 times restarting its getting better and the gpu works fine again. But when restarting again windows takes a few minutes to boot up again and everything is lagging.

I have noticed some type of high usage in the task manager. Desktop window manager and Client server process takes up to 50% of the gpu usage. Even reinstalling drivers couldnt fix that issue.

0 Likes

Hey i have a B550 motherboard and also had frame drops.

The problem in my case was the Bluetooth dongle on my USB port. maybe you also have a USB device that is conflicting with the GPU.  Also my SSD was freezing the system i dit this [FIX] Windows 10 Freezing Problem/SSD Freezes ✔ - YouTube .

I hope you alredy solved your problem, but maybe my experience with the USB problem can still help you.

0 Likes

Hey in my case it was a USB device that made a conflict with the Radeon RX 6700 XT Eagle. I removed the Bluetooth dongle and the problem was solved. hope it works for you too.

And the second problem i had was  a SSD that freezed i found this solution. [FIX] Windows 10 Freezing Problem/SSD Freezes ✔ - YouTube

Hope you already fixed it but maybe my experience with my system could help you anyway. 

0 Likes
makfrois
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT Nitro, im using the last drivers, and my motherboard have the last bios update.

After i change my GPU i had a nvidia card i didnt have that kind of problems.

My system is:

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 3.7GHz c/ Turbo 4.6GHz 35 Motherboard Micro-ATX ASRock B550M Steel Legend RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz GPU Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 OC HDD/SSD ssd:250(samsung evo840)+WDS250G2B0C nvme; 2xHDD 1T Sound realtek (motherboard)  (PSU) Seasonic Focus Gold GX 750W Full Modular Cooling 1 cooler (AMD rgb air) + 4fans OS win10 64

0 Likes