Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

adredt
Journeyman III

Huge Issues with AMD driver - RX580

Hi Everyone,

I hope you can help me with issues i have with my Gigabyte RX580 8GB graphics card.

i have some strange issue with amd driver itself, everytime i switched pc off and turned it on again next day,

i had huge fps drops in all games, and Radeon driver app forces me to install same driver version again and again.

installation of the same version of driver and reboot helped, until i turned it off again or left pc idle for some time.

But yesterday with new 19 update it went much worse. With the latest update it forces me to update to same version again, but

this time it just doesn't work. it says something like it didnt detect the current driver or something, only solution is to completely uninstall

driver with DDU v18.0.0.7 and download new driver from amd website.

It takes long time and its annoying as hell doing same thing everytime i turn my pc on, especially when you do it everyday from christmas, and now its just got worse with latest update. Can someone help me please? i am currently desperate and i dont want to reinstall everything with DDU

everytime.

Things i tried and didnt work :

- i ran DISM and SFC commands

- uninstalled drivers with DDU as i mentioned

- Restored windows

- Erased all files on my pc

- downloaded new Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files

- i updated bios, windows, etc.

- uninstalled antivirus as well

I'am gonna try some things again and see if this is gonna help, but i dont think it will.

Specs :

Motheboard : Gigabyte H77M-D3H

CPU : Intel Core i5 2500 (Quad Core 3,33ghz)

RAM : 8gb

GPU : Gigabyte Aorus RX 580 8GB of course

i have 700W power supply if that matters.

Older pc except graphics, but everything is working perfectly.

Games like Rainbow six siege Smooth 90+ fps on ultra,

Dishonored2 65FPS Ultra, Far cry 5 75FPS+ Ultra etc.

PLEASE HELP, THANKS.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay on the keeps updating. The driver has a bug and keeps telling you there is a new recommended driver. If you also had check to automatically keep your drivers up-to-date it will just keep your drivers in an endless cycle of updating. So make sure when you install the drivers you uncheck keeping it updated and the participation in their telemetry.

Now change a couple things in Windows that will help. Disable Hibernation/Fast Startup (this stops windows from loading old cached driver info, that leads to it changing your drivers) this feature is horrible and IMHO not needed, it will make booting from a spinning disk a hair faster, but the trouble it creates is not worth it. Disable automatic driver updates (pro windows only) search google on how to to do this with Home version. A bit more tricky.

Run DDU from safe mode, disconnect from the internet, restart and reinstall your driver. Uncheck the sending information back to AMD box at the bottom and uncheck the auto updating. Restart!

When you restart go into Radeon Settings, Gaming, Global Settings, Wattman: Slide the red "Power Limit" slider to the right. This will eliminate most any stability issue you might otherwise run into.

Do to the bugs in the current Radeon drivers the drivers will still tell you to update. Just ignore it and don't do it. It should not be auto updating anymore at this point though.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Okay on the keeps updating. The driver has a bug and keeps telling you there is a new recommended driver. If you also had check to automatically keep your drivers up-to-date it will just keep your drivers in an endless cycle of updating. So make sure when you install the drivers you uncheck keeping it updated and the participation in their telemetry.

Now change a couple things in Windows that will help. Disable Hibernation/Fast Startup (this stops windows from loading old cached driver info, that leads to it changing your drivers) this feature is horrible and IMHO not needed, it will make booting from a spinning disk a hair faster, but the trouble it creates is not worth it. Disable automatic driver updates (pro windows only) search google on how to to do this with Home version. A bit more tricky.

Run DDU from safe mode, disconnect from the internet, restart and reinstall your driver. Uncheck the sending information back to AMD box at the bottom and uncheck the auto updating. Restart!

When you restart go into Radeon Settings, Gaming, Global Settings, Wattman: Slide the red "Power Limit" slider to the right. This will eliminate most any stability issue you might otherwise run into.

Do to the bugs in the current Radeon drivers the drivers will still tell you to update. Just ignore it and don't do it. It should not be auto updating anymore at this point though.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

Thank you, you were right, but Wattman caused it. I just needed to set the power limit everytime i turn my pc on, but i solved that by saving the profile with right power limit amount. HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!! :-)

You are very welcome. Always glad to hear when people get things working. You rarely get that feedback. 

Happy Gaming!

0 Likes
adredt
Journeyman III

Hi Pokester, 

Thanks for answer, but i have no Fast startup option inside control panel - Power options.

Also i have no option to disable Windows automatic updates via Services as i followed instructions.

i did Power limit thing inside Wattman, but when i turn my pc on again, its at default position again, and problem still persists.

Also i am always running DDU from safe mode and i am struggling to find "Uncheck the sending information back to AMD box at the bottom and uncheck the auto updating."

Please Help. 

0 Likes

Gotta disable Hibernation to disable fast startup.

0 Likes