cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Virtuanaut
Adept I

Re: HP Reverb on AMD PC (570 Aorus Elite, Rizen 3700, Aorus Rx 5700XT) not working

Thank you a lot for the info on the amd drivers so i can spare trying.

BTW, what purpose did you get the G2 for? Flightsims maybe? That was my reason.

Greetz

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Re: HP Reverb on AMD PC (570 Aorus Elite, Rizen 3700, Aorus Rx 5700XT) not working

We aren't AMD employees so not to be mean, but threats to return to Nvidia carry no weight here. Just thought I'd mention that so you don't waste your time thinking any AMD staff with customer relations ever reads this area. They don't.

As to length of time for a response to a technical difficulty with a driver, which seems to be the issue with anything VR right now, even the 6000 series have a lot of complaints, it can take a long time. 

They will fix the VR issue, I'm sure. When? Who knows, but hopefully soon because there are many buying the 3080 just because of this. When it is fixed, the 3080 will fall to the RX 6800 XT easily in performance if you have the other components in your system matched well. Meaning a 5000 series CPU (5600X is a good gaming choice, 5900X if you need more cores for work as well), an X570 chipset motherboard, 16GB of DDR4 3600-4000 RAM (CPU dependent), an SSD, and a quality PSU. The CPU and chipset are critical to be able to use the SAM technology the card offers. Which you list as having the building blocks of simply a CPU upgrade to get SAM working, if you go to a 6800 XT.

So if waiting for the driver fix is too much and you decide to go to Nvidia, there's nothing I can say that will prevent you from doing that. Can AMD's customer service be better? I would hope that's on their agenda, because I do agree it's lacking in many ways. There are so many VR complaints, and this is the first I've seen in regards to a 5000 series and VR, that I'm sure they're in the information gathering stage of things to make a fix for all. All of the VR related complaints have been for the 6000 series until now.

You might want to try reverting to the 20.8.3 or 20.9.2 driver to see if the VR then works.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos
tshrimp
Adept I

@Virtuanaut . A mixture of things. I stink at MS Flight Sim, but want to see what that looks like. I also am big into sim racing, and want to try VR again. I tried it with the Oculus CV1, but just didn't enjoy it like many others did. I looked at the Oculus Quest 2 and Rift S, but I refuse to buy a Facebook product, and that lead me to the HP Reverb G2. If I ever get it working I will be trying it out on the following items in order.... Automobilista 2, MS Flight Sim, Half Life Alyx. I don't own Half-Life Alyx yet, but if AMD ever fixes the issue with the drivers, I will own it after the next sale. If AMD never fixes it, there is a good chance I will become an Intel/Nvidia supporter. It pains me to type that, but a product is only as good as the support of the company behind it. 

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Why go Intel? At least the AMD CPU's seem to be fairing well and defeat the Intel in nearly every test. My 3600x beats the i9-9900k in single threaded performance as it does in most benchmarks. AMD CPU and Nvidia for graphics work fine. Intel is not affiliated with Nvidia as many think, it's just a common combo.

0 Kudos
tshrimp
Adept I

It is not about who beats who. It is about who can stand behind their product. I am having an issue with an AMD graphics card as you can see in this thread, however, poor customer service will affect how I perceive both the CPU and GPU. The good news is I live near a place that typically has good deals on Intel CPUs/Motherboards, so have been looking online at their stuff. However, I am under quarantine for another 9 days :(, so can't pick anything up for a bit. They allow local pickup only. 

0 Kudos
tshrimp
Adept I

FYI...No change with driver 21.2.1. If anyone else sees anything new please post. Finding an Nvidia graphics card is as probably as finding a Unicorn right now. So kind of stuck like many of you all are.

0 Kudos
kman83
Adept I

I Have the exact same issue. BSOD. Tried everything details in another thread.

Z490 Maximus 12 Hero Wifi 10900k

6800xt Merc.

Will return G2 if not fixed soon.

mackbolan777
Forerunner

You're posting in the wrong area if you want AMD's attention. You need to contact the corporate office for that or the manufacturer of your card. CPU's same deal. AMD will RMA anything they make or their partner GPU maker's will honor whatever warranty they put on their stuff. The HP Reverb is having issues across the board and it's supposedly a driver thing. I would put a bug report in via the AMD software and that's as far as it goes or go with Intel/Nvidia, whatever. We here are fellow PC enthusiast's, builders, just people trying to help others and not AMD employees. We members are more or less "fan boy's" of AMD so we stick to their products and promote their use. However, we will not lose sleep if one wants to change whom they build off of. At least I won't. Good luck with the other team.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

All the VR stuff is having some issue as of late. Steam Link, your Reverb, so you could return it or wait until it gets fixed. I'm sure AMD won't take too long with this many complaints about something that should work correctly and is very popular. Put a bug report in via the AMD Radeon software about the problem so the driver team gets it.

0 Kudos
tshrimp
Adept I

@kman83 Create a ticket with AMD if you can. The more people that contact them with the issue the better chance it will get fixed. You may want to include what is displayed from your memory.dmp file. To view this download "WinDbg" from the windows store. Copy your memory.dmp file to your desktop (I have had trouble opening this from C:\Windows, but you may not). You will be asked to allow permissions. Say yes to this. Open WinDbg and navigate to the file to open. On the right window pane choose test that says "!analyze -v". It will be underlined in blue. This will give you the readout of what is wrong. I posted my output early. It was condensed, but this may help AMD. I have still not received any help from AMD other than that would pass the info along.

Example:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
    # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000004477, A driver tried to write to an unallocated address in the
	user space of the system process. Parameter 2 contains the
	address of the attempted write.
Arg2: 000000019df220b8
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
SYMBOL_NAME:  amdkmdag+1c36c75

MODULE_NAME: amdkmdag

IMAGE_NAME:  amdkmdag.sys