cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

How were Crimson drivers approved for public release?

I mean really? These drivers are beyond broken. After installing crimson my r9 290 would remain at 93 Celsius while gaming and the fan would only come on in short bursts. Overdrive is broken as well as it locks your fan speed after resetting Overdrive settings and that can be fixed by turning it back to auto. The problem arises when myself and others do not have a switch to turn back to auto. The setting simply is not there. Add in the fact that performance gains are negligible and this driver breaks more than it fixes, they are a complete and utter mess.

This is absolutely unacceptable and it really makes it hard to justify another AMD purchase

PSA: Crimson will lock your fan speed when resetting OverDrive settings. Turn it back on auto to pre...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adept II
Adept II

Re: How were Crimson drivers approved for public release?

Totally agree, AMD have always been know to be a bit of a joke when it came to drivers and it seems that nothing has changed with the latest effort called Crimson, so they will continue to be a joke.

I do however like the way they're trying to go but the implementation is nothing short of being ridiculously terrible. Given that nothing actually works properly and for a lot of games it's introduced bugs that weren't there before, you do have to wonder about testing and sign off.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Completely agree. We're what? Four days in now? Had to roll back to my previous drivers when I installed it because it forced the fans on my R9 290x up to 100% on computer restart.

Still have to set my fan and temp speeds every time I log in too, for some reason their new app doesn't save global settings AT ALL on my PC. I've been looking around online to see if I can find the most recent version of catalyst control centre, because this is becoming a massive pain in the backside.

Even more frustrating, the review websites that all gushed at this Crimson release seem to be completely ignoring all of the bugs and issues it's brought with it so far.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm really dissapointed with the drivers. Only one of my 4 screens is being detected.

Also the new drivers feel like som ugly hack as many settings rely on the old catalyst menus.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

AGREED!

0 Kudos