Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fangdiablo
Adept I

how to use power consuption limiter

Hello,

i own an rx 580 8gb and when i tried for a first time a high spec game (cod warzone) after a while my power supply burnt and i replaced it. how can i use the power limiter on radeon settings to prevent it from happening again?

0 Likes
8 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I hope you bought a PSU that didn't burn itself. Run Radeon Software. Find WattMan settings. Decrease Power Limit value. But this may partly cause performance loss.

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.pngdo u mean this one? if yes where should i put that slider? also my psu is a cm masterwwat 550 80+ plus bronze

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

yea i mean where should i put it?

0 Likes

You should determine that (for example, for your graphics card temperature or for PSU age). Your current PSU will not burn itself, even if you did not make any changes. Don't worry about it. I recommend you to use WattMan settings without making any changes. You asked a question. I just gave an answer to you.

0 Likes
zahra110
Journeyman III

I think your system power has a problem that it is burned out and has nothing to do with the graphics card. It is true that the power supply provides the graphics, but note that these issues are tested many times before each graphics card is released, so don't worry.

0 Likes

so should i check smth else to find the problem or could the previous psu just be faulty?

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Buy a better PSU.

0 Likes