Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: HOW TO USE FREESYNC

Least input lag would be FreeSync on, Vsync off, Enhanced Sync on. You should test with Enhanced Sync on and off on a per game basis and see which works best for you.

0 Likes
holl0918
Adept II

Any FRTC or Chill?

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't think so, but I'm not an expert on the subject this is just going on my own testing and feeling of input latency/mouse lag.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Hi Matt. Good to see you, haven't seen you much lately!  Hey I had been having issue with chill and FreeSync so I have recently been using VSYNC of with FRTC cap.

Last night though I decided to give Chill a go again with great results. Just FreeSync on and Chill set with Min and Max per game is working great!

Out of curiosity Matt is there a reason that the Chill Min and Max are not available globabally and only per game. Is it because it is dependent on individual game support that the driver can't control or just a missing feature?

Another question on the chill too please. The F11 global key I don't see that toggling it makes any difference. How do I know what difference it makes. No idea if it is on or off as it doesn't seem to change the on and off status of chill anywhere? Also the only way you know the key push does anything is it makes a different sound for each push like one is off and one is on but no idea on which is which? Do you? I can't find info on this anywhere.

I was tickled with my Battlefield One performance last night with chill and freesync thought. The least lag I have ever experienced. We are on the right track here with this 18.3.4 driver now.

0 Likes
holl0918
Adept II

The F11 hotkey only works in-game while you have chill enabled, and toggles Chill on/off for that gaming session. Chill is enabled when you start playing, so tapping F11 once turns it off/disables the FPS caps. If you stare at the sky in BF1, watch your fps when you press F11, you should see it climb up to either your FRTC cap, your Vsync cap, or the max your card can output. Depending on your settings. Press it again and Chill will activate again.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I didn't see any change doing that. That's the problem. It seemed to be keeping the cap either way. Not complaining as at least the chill was working well.  And no way of knowing which is supposed to be on and off. Do you know which sound is on and off?  Thanks for the answer though much appreciate it.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I simple indicator changing of some sort in the overlay would be really nice instead of you having to somehow just perceive a difference.

0 Likes
holl0918
Adept II

That is what the sound is for…

0 Likes
holl0918
Adept II

Yes, the two low tones that are the same are off, the three ascending ones are on

pokester
MVP

thanks for differentiating! That helps. I knew the sounds had to indicate one or the other. Just no idea which! Curiosity do you know if this resets then each time you start a game or does it remember the last sessions setting?

0 Likes