cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

amz
Adept II

HOW TO USE FREESYNC

Hello guys , so FREESYNC only works with FRTC or V-SYNC, it can not works without these 2 tech even if the fps are in the freesync range ?

thx, explain me beacause I'm getting mad about that

0 Likes
29 Replies
amz
Adept II

Re: HOW TO USE FREESYNC

up

0 Likes
amz
Adept II

up

0 Likes
amz
Adept II

up

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

FreeSync will only work if the application is run in exclusive fullscreen mode and the FPS are inside the FreeSync range. If you enable Vsync while using FreeSync you should find it easier to stay within the FreeSync range as you will never exceed it, providing you have enough processing power in the GPU to maintain the FPS above the low end of the FreeSync range.

FreeSync can and does work on all my systems without Vsync or FRTC, providing the FPS are in the FreeSync range. However it makes sense to use Vsync and FreeSync together as FreeSync removes all the negative aspects of using Vsunc, such as stuttering and input lag.

0 Likes
amz
Adept II

I really wanna believe you, but in some games, without Vsync or FRTC with the fps in the freesync range, it still have tearing

0 Likes
holl0918
Adept II

What would be better, turning on Vsync in-game or using Enhanced Sync+FRTC? I am looking for the least input lag while staying at my refresh rate of 75hz.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I believe the optimal way for free sync to work is to set use chill if that is available to you and set the min and max just inside your freesync range of your monitor. However this gives me stutters. I use vsync off and set FRTC to be 1 frame lower than my max range on the monitor. My range max is 75 so I set FRTC to 74. This works well for me. I do occasionally get some tearing but mostly not in game more going in and out of maps back to menus. The input lag is still greatly reduced over Vsync on. I can use VSYNC  with freesync too and it is perfect but has some lag so I don't use it in my shooters online only in offline games.

I hope that helps some.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

0 Likes
holl0918
Adept II

After doing some looking around, and reading this article by BlurBusters, I found out that the way to run FreeSync/GSync with no tearing and lowest input lag is cap FPS at 3 below refresh rate, disable Vsync in the game, and enable it in the drivers. Use the in-game FPS cap if possible, RTSS if it doesn't have one. Here is the article: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

thanks for the share I will check it out.

0 Likes