cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

crankyolddog
Journeyman III

How to NOT overclock my tower

i have a 2015/2016 CyberPowerPC tower, i recently bought a AMD Radeon RX580 graphics card so i could play higher end games. i currently have it installed into my tower. I have a 8 gigs of ram,and im trying NOT to overclock my pc. I have no idea on what i am doing and could use some help. I also am not sure what model my tower is exactly. Here is a provided picture of my tower. Also, we are aware it needs a cleaning, we will be getting it cleaned today.

inside of our tower.jpg

Additonal info:

We have a decent back and front fan

we have a deepcool fan on the mother board

and the two fans that are provided with graphics card.

we aren't sure what watt the power bank is.

0 Likes
8 Replies

I don't understand your question. If you run everything at stock settings, you are not overclocking.

Hi,I'm sorry for any confusion,but I have no clue what I'm doing for real lol. We assume it might still be overclocking because the graphics card reaches 34 degrees Celsius,which to my research is a sign that it might, and we really want to make sure we don't damage this tower.

0 Likes

34*C on a GPU is nothing, and is typical for any gaming class GPU to reach in excess of 70*C under load.

0 Likes

Alright! So when I play rdr2 and it hits about 50 c° that's ok? Cause I bumped the fans up to about 60% thinking that would hurt the motherboard.

0 Likes

*thinking that the heat would hurt the motherboard

0 Likes

GPUs are designed to tolerate temperatures in excess of 90*C without sustaining damage.

0 Likes

So the tower's motherboard will be ok too? Cause I'm being told the graphics card has one too, and I want to make sure that the tower's motherboard isn't in danger.

0 Likes

Yes, it's going to be fine.

0 Likes