Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jojocage
Journeyman III

How to edit the EDID?

I have:

• monitor BenQ G2222HDL (maximal resolution 1980x1080);
  • video card Radeon HD 7800.

After the BIOS update, the drivers were reinstalled. The monitor has a resolution of 1600x1200.

I've had this problem before. Solved the problem so:

1. Start AMD Catalyst Control Center.
  2. Select "My VGA displays" and next "Propeties (VGA-display)".
  3. Disable the option "Use EDID (extended display identification data) or default driver settings", which is enabled by default.
  4. To select the screen resolution 1980x1080.

The latest version of AMD Catalyst Control Center drivers is missing. I can't disable EDID.

I have to work with the resolution 1600x1200.

How can this problem be solved now?

0 Likes
1 Solution

CCC is very old. The new drivers use Radeon Settings. The latest Driver for your HD78xx is from 03/26/2018 (Windows 10 x64) here: Desktop .

In Radeon Settings you should be able to customize the Resolution to your monitor. But if by some chance it doesn't, then download the program mentioned below:

There is a small program called CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) where you can change your Monitor EDID to accept a Custom Resolution.

If you have Windows 10 installed, Under SETTINGS - DISPLAY does it show the 1920 x 1080 under Resolutions?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

CCC is very old. The new drivers use Radeon Settings. The latest Driver for your HD78xx is from 03/26/2018 (Windows 10 x64) here: Desktop .

In Radeon Settings you should be able to customize the Resolution to your monitor. But if by some chance it doesn't, then download the program mentioned below:

There is a small program called CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) where you can change your Monitor EDID to accept a Custom Resolution.

If you have Windows 10 installed, Under SETTINGS - DISPLAY does it show the 1920 x 1080 under Resolutions?

Thanks for the reply.

Radeon Setting does not allow to change the monitor settings. At least I do.

I'm using Windows 7.

I'll try installing CRU later when I'm near that computer.

0 Likes

CRU solved my problem!

0 Likes