cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jammerjonn
Adept III

how to disable wattman

Can we disable wattman? It is of no use to gamers per your own community postings.   Ever since your adrenlain software camew ouit we have crash after crash because of wattman. Can we just download the basic drivers with-out it?

1 Solution

You can choose to not enable wattman, or to revert it from radeon settings > preferences > restore factory defaults.

And/or you can download driver only using the custom install option and uncheck radeon settings, etc...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

15 Replies

You can choose to not enable wattman, or to revert it from radeon settings > preferences > restore factory defaults.

And/or you can download driver only using the custom install option and uncheck radeon settings, etc...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

what versions are you guys running to be able to uncheck these boxes ive unistalled and reinstall radeon so many times todaye looking and trying to find this but no such luck in the 20.2.2 21.4.1 or 21.5.2

0 Likes

21.4.1 it's messing me up.

0 Likes

hey mate so if you download 21.5.2 let it run and configure compatibility theres the littlest tinest triangle on the install page that really blends in and you can select install minimum install and driver only if you go minimum install itll give you radeon so you can resize your screen if having display issues but it doesnt give you Wattman allowing you to over/underclock via after burner or any program of your choosing with out the clash with wattman.

sorry but poor spelling just figured this out myself and ovver the moon

0 Likes

Sorry with 21.4.1

0 Likes

Thanks I'll try that

0 Likes
jammerjonn
Adept III

Thank you I'll try that

I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER ATI CARD AGAIN nor tell my family and friends to buy one!!!! Adrenalin is the crappiest software ever written! I do not enable wattman on my RX580 card yet it keeps crashing or stopping my windows 10 system from booting. I keep getting the wattman error after rebooting and no after uninstalling adrenalin and running the clean up utility I have no issues until it reinstall shitty Adrenalin!! Bring back the basic video drivers!!!!! I had no issues with the last driver from Dec 2018.

This is the first AMD card I've ever owned, I've always went for Nvidia but due to lack of funds I got an RX 5700 instead...it's given me problems thusfar for sure but not any problems ice never had with Nvidia cards. In fact I don't have to worry about updating my graphics driver every month or so...

0 Likes

SURPRISE! ITS 2021 AND WE STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM OF DRIVER FAILURE / WATTMAN TIMEOUT! NEXT TIME IM BUYING NVIDIA!

I still have problems with this, suddenly my computer crashes randomly and I have to restart it, I have tried them all, some say that you have to uninstall programs like msiafterburn, my question is the amd program automatically manages the fans for you?

me too.

0 Likes

I did a google seach and found an old driver from early 2019 that seems to work. My system goes to sleep but won't wake up.

0 Likes

Had that problem quite a few drivers back too, my PC would freeze after waking up from sleeping state, however after updating that doesn't happen but then again the crashing started which is far worse...

just a minute in firefox like 5 min ago freeze with AMD driver restarting and worse is just after restarting my PC while typing this post AMD drivers froze again FFS...

Wattman is pointless, when I had it installed it said wattman crashed quite a few times, now I just installed minimum drivers without it but the drivers keep crashing the same way so wattman is not even the problem here and I never had it active anyway...

PS: AMD simply broke my RX580 after like 3 or 4 updates ago while before was good, the only fix is go back and loose all the latest stuff

0 Likes

I did a google search and found old drivers from 2018 and I'm using them.

0 Likes