cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

WilianLor
Journeyman III

How to change my primary graphics card in Radeon Adrenalin Software 2021

I have an Acer Asprire 3 a315-42g-r6fz notebook, which has the following configuration:

GPU: Radeon 540x 2GB GDDR5
APU: Ryzen 5 3500u with Vega 8
RAM: 16BG DDR4 2666Mhz

The problem my notebook is presenting is that in both radeon software and windows my main video card is Vega 8, I wanted to use obviously my dedicated video card Radeon 540x, to this way get more performance.AMD Radeon Software AdrenalinAMD Radeon Software AdrenalinWindows Task ManagerWindows Task Manager

0 Likes
14 Replies

The graphics selection is handled by Microsoft. Go to your computer 'Dislay' option and scroll down to graphics.

Screenshot_6.png

0 Likes

I tried it this way with FIFA 21 and it didn't work

0 Likes

It's the only way it works. Try again...you added the .exe file?

0 Likes

Yes, but is it normal for it to stay this way in the radeon adrenalin software?
0 Likes

I don't understand...what do you mean by "is it normal to stay this way" ?
0 Likes

the integrated video card is as primary in the amd redeon software, and the dedicated video card is as secondary.

0 Likes

Yes  it is normal....you can't change which graphics is the discrete or vice-versa. You can only assign the graphics like I showed you.

0 Likes

... or your bios allows to disable the iGPU completly.

0 Likes
AFlapJack
Adept I

opening this back up because this is pretty much my issue, how do I change minecraft itself because doing the launcher doesn't work

AFlapJack_0-1657758040352.png

0 Likes

I don't have Minecraft....but like many other games, the launcher is not the game. There will be a exe folder

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

0 Likes

there technically isn't a EXE for minecraft, it uses the java executable, task manager leads back to javaw.exe and I set it as that yet it still uses the APU

AFlapJack_0-1657771786986.png

0 Likes

Are you sure you have the HDMI/DP from your monitor plugged in to the Graphics card and not the motherboard?

0 Likes

it's a laptop, and I got everything working by using 2018 graphic drivers

Yes, it's a notebook, can you tell me the versions of your video drivers?

0 Likes